New NSV - I wore a 2 piece in PUBLIC.

Options
123457»

Replies

• Luluke7767
    Luluke7767 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Way to go, I am about 30 lbs overweight and don't have the nerve to wear a 2 piece but am always a little jealous of those people I see wearing them with confidence even if they're not stick thin.... Btw I am new here and don't know what nsv means!!!!
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    You are my f#####g hero. First of all you looked great, beautiful skin.
    You are happy and proud of yourself-rightly so, you workEd your butt off.we are all like ice cream,we all come in different flavors.
    I am glad you told those witches off-I wish you could have taken a Pic of the looks on their faces!
  • karenlavinia
    karenlavinia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    All I've got to say is..."You go girl!"

I've seen overweight women wearing bikini's at the pool. I try not to stare. But the truth is that confidence like that is attractive.It makes me want to watch her, to see how she moves, how she acts, how she manages to not let society dictate what she will wear to swim in. I also always hope she doesn't misunderstand my glances. I'm not judging - I'm wishing...wishing to be like her!

Anyway, you are an example of what a true woman of strength is! Keep it up!
  • RenaHope
    RenaHope Posts: 80
    Options
    I freaking love you. Thank you SO much for posting this. Shooting you a friend request right now!
    People like you are the reason I stay motivated to continue my journey. And I might just go get myself a two piece this week. Karma IS a *****... just you wait, those women will have it handed to them one day and it ain't gonna be pretty.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    You look great! I am still nervous about the bikini subject. There is a bikini that is really pretty and on sale since summer is almost over, and I don't want to spend the money on it until I KNOW that I will wear it out and about and wear it frequently.

My current suit is unsupportive to say the least, but I don't swim that much anyway.
  • SC74
    SC74 Posts: 33
    Options
    Your story made me laugh-- loved your come back! You also proved again that you never know where people come from or at what stage in life they are so don't judge! Power to you!
  • MissLynne10
    MissLynne10 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I love the attitude and confidence! Keep it up.
  • srpthlgy
    srpthlgy Posts: 69
    Options
    I think you look GREAT! You freaking earned that two piece and screw anyone who would dare tell you otherwise. Keep up the hard work and be proud of yourself for how far you have come. Good for you for standing up to those women and not letting their comments get you down!
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you...I wish i was half as brave as you to wear a two piece....don't think I ever have. Someday maybe, but just to be in a bathing suit and feel good about yourself that is half the battle. Maybe if more people stood up and spoke their minds these people with little or no filter on what they say and do will realize how stupid they really sound. I am sure they both had flaws that could have been picked on, but you were much more mature to not do that! Yeah you may have weight to lose and will do so, but the beauty you showed that day out shined their ugliness....inside and out!
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    BTW you looked fantastic....enough said!
  • Eunicemaye
    Eunicemaye Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and on standing up for yourself !! Girl you look awesome !! Don't let anyone tell you anything different or to make you feel bad about yourself ! You have done what everyone I know wants to do. And that is to lose weight and to feel good enough about yourself and your progress to wear a bathingsuit. You are my new hero and I am so proud for you !! Thank you for posting this story.
  • Afrikangirl
    Afrikangirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    STANDING OVATION!! I did not wear a two piece when I was 120 lbs AND NOW....I wish I had. Currently I am ALLOT heavier than 120 but I bought a fabulous 2 piece that I plan to wear bay lake Victoria On my holiday to Uganda in October. Life is short....Carpe Diem.
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    Good for you! You look great :) also I bet they were just jealous you fill out the top half better than they could :) congrats on all of your nsv's for the weekend!!
  • Love2BeBold
    Options
    You know I get the opposite! I never wore a bikini in my life, not because I don't feel confident in one. I love my body and i know after workouts and toning it will be killer hot. BUT!!!! I am so shy in a bikini I feel naked...tried one on and felt naked...so I prefer shorts and a tank top....thats just how I role...You look great in your bikini, don't let no one tell you other wise. I never wore bikinis and girls still would tell me things because I decided to be comfortable in shorts and a tank top versus bikini. GIRLS have this weird think about them they just LOVE TO JUDGE!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!