Will I ever lose this weight?

Options
Ok so I've been working out and eating light for the past month and I've only lost 2 lbs which surprise, surprise I step on the scale this morning and those 2 lbs are now back. So I just want to get some input... A little background is that I've been working out off and on for several years and I have to do intense workouts to even workup a sweat at least 45 mins and it really has to kick my *kitten* for me to feel anything. I've worked with a trainer in the past and I've done many diff workouts. Pilates, Hot yoga, circuit training, Jillian Michaels dvd's, sprinting/walking/jogiing, bike riding, roller blading. you name it I've prob tried oh and p90x.

Am I doing something wrong? Not working out enough? I beleive I eat the right nutrients. Mostly fruits. veggies, complex carbs, whole grains, water I don't drink soda and occasionally I'll have a homemade lemonade which I use stevia to sweeten and some raw sugar, sometimes wine (white or red) maybe a dessert here or there but still within my calorie limits. This week I worked out from Sat until yesterday a combo of strength and cardio. I'm not giving up but I'm frustrated and actually kind of sad that my weight isn't moving like I think it should.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. My Diary is open so it can be viewed. Thanks.

Replies

• JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I can't look at your diary unless you're my friend.

I'm wondering if, as hard as you work out, maybe you're loosing inches while you gain some muscle tissue. Perhaps you are retaining some water from the hard workouts. I think if you start watching your measurements as well as weigh ins, you may be pleasantly surprised.
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The following things would be very helpful to know about you so the kind folks here can get a more accurate picture of you:
    Height, weight, age, body fat percentage, activity level, weekly exercise regime. Also, opening your diary would be good.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Yeah, your diary isn't set to public. It would be great to be able to check it out.

In general though, let MFP do the goals for you, going back in to manually set protein to 25 to 30% and sodium to 2300mg.

And only eat back half to 75% of your work out calories.

And protein.

Did I mention protein?

Finally, are you getting enough protein?
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    bump
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Fact: I started eating better and exercising, hiking, all that. I gained 10 lbs. I'm now down below the weight I'd gained by becoming active and changing how I eat. It's not a fast loss, but I want to do this the healthy way.

Magic 8 ball says...Yes, you will eventually lose this weight. Start with some weights too and that helps a bit with the physical losses (clothing size, inches.) I've lost over 3 inches in my abdomen and 1-2 inches everywhere else. I've lost 12 lbs finally. I've been doing this since March. I gain and lose a couple of pounds every day and I understand my body fluctuates. It's healthy to know that your scale is not a reflection of what changes are going on in your body.

Oh, and PROTEIN. Which is one nutrient I didn't see listed, though you might be getting it. It's also the hardest one for me to fit in too. I'm ready to go get some protein powder :P
  • kriselayne1
    kriselayne1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, I lost internet connection at work earlier and forgot to go back and change my profile setting to public. Thanks for all your comments I'm going to set my profile to public right now!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    on the same road as you. I've been walking 3 miles (hour) every day since July 5th with only 3 days break in there. Been wayyy under my calorie goal of 1270 almost every day. Still I've only lost like 4 lbs since July 5. I'm discouraged..not enough to give up because even though the scale (which I am about to chuck through the window) isn't moving...my clothes are feeling much looser. I've gone down 1 size in shirts and about 1/2 a size in jeans (which means I am just wearing baggy jeans)..I'm not buying new jeans until I have to go down a whole size.
  • kriselayne1
    Options
    The following things would be very helpful to know about you so the kind folks here can get a more accurate picture of you:
    Height, weight, age, body fat percentage, activity level, weekly exercise regime. Also, opening your diary would be good.

5'7", 210, 31, not sure about body fat percentage my current scale doesn't calculate it, I have a desk job so I sit most of the day, weekly I'm shooting for 5 dyas a week to work out (I try to mix it up with different things because I get bored easily if I do the same thing all the time, right now I do a mix of zumba on the wii, just dance, roller blading in a park maybe 4 laps on avg, each lap is 1 mile, jillian micheals trouble zone circuit training and self magazine strength training excercises)\ Each of those I do at least 45 mins. Diary is now open.
  • kriselayne1
    Options
    Yeah, your diary isn't set to public. It would be great to be able to check it out.

In general though, let MFP do the goals for you, going back in to manually set protein to 25 to 30% and sodium to 2300mg.

And only eat back half to 75% of your work out calories.

And protein.

Did I mention protein?

Finally, are you getting enough protein?

LOL yes I think you may have mentioned protein. I took your advice and bought Natures Bounty protein powder and mixed with lowfat milk. Its not too bad I'll try to add a banana or cherries to it tomorrow. But I'd shied away from protein powders because 1 - I hated the taste and 2 - I didn't want any of the Aspartame or Sucralose sweeteners. But this one seems to be a pretty simple mix there is fructose in it but almost at the end so I'm hoping its very minimal. Thanks for the advice and my diary is now open.