Belly fat??? Which gym machine.

Options
I am a member of the YMCA! I am wanting to know what machines help with belly fat, really trying to focus on it.

Replies

• whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am a member of the YMCA! I am wanting to know what machines help with belly fat, really trying to focus on it.

The cardio machines. I would not waste time with ab machines yet. You will need to lower your BF% which in turn will start to melt that stubborn stomach fat. Therefore, I will suggest stair master (my favorite) or the treadmill.
  • mevelt83
    mevelt83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What about the stepper machine?
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Yeah, any cardio machine really. It should be able to tell you how many calories you are burning too. Then you can plug that info into MFP so you can get an idea of what sort of net calorie #'s will be needed to meet your goal.
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EsaP1
    EsaP1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love the eliptical. Easy on the joints (if thats a concern) and burns lots of calories.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Diet, diet, and more diet. You don't lose fat around the belly without eating properly. No exercise or exercise machine can spot reduce. Sorry!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    ^that. I've heard the saying "abs are made in the kitchen" and it's quite true.

On the exercise part, don't just concentrate on any one aspect - hit some strength/resistance (few times a week), do some cardio (probably 5-6 days a week if possible), mix it up! I notice people think a lot about cardio when they want to burn fat but good resistance training will put your body into a sort of "afterburn" state where metabolism may be increased for up to 48 hours post-workout.

Real basic idea for strength/resistance, pick 3-5 stations, hit up 2-4 sets of 8-12 reps on each, and make sure those last couple of reps on each set are challenging! First workout will more than likely be gauging where you stand on any particular area.