HOw often do you weigh?

Options
HEy folks, question is as above really, how often do you jump on the scales?

I read somewhere once that if you weigh daily you lose more weight in the long run but I am not too sure about this as your weight changes daily with water etc.

So do you weigh daily, weekly, monthly or other?!

Thanks for any replies in advance :D

Replies

• oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    1-2 times a week. For me, more=crazy, less=lazy
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, i try to aim for the same time and day each week, my weight can change quite a bit and i think if i weighed myself more than this then i would start obsessing over the numbers on the scale.
  • PandaDreamerGurl
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I try to do it around the same time everyday (which I hear is best). Usually after my morning bathroom break. Also, it helps if your clothing each time is roughly the same weight as previous... OR you can always do it nude. Lol
  • AndreaK1021
    Options
    I was driving myself crazy by weighing myself daily and seeing the fluctuation so I switched to weighing in once a week. I picked Wednesdays so I would have a couple days to get back on track if I have a rough weekend. :)
  • mocchioni
    mocchioni Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh myself daily at the same time. Some days i forget and I wait until the next day.
  • catmom2cj
    catmom2cj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale daily (usually twice a day - morning and night) but only official record my weight on Friday mornings before I eat anything.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Once a month if I remember.
  • asayer
    asayer Posts: 47
    Options
    Lots of different approaches then, I think I want to go to weekly weighing but not sure if I can wait a week before getting on the scales again haha
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I was weighing every day and it wasn't pretty....too much fluctuation..........I then tried monthly......and that's not good either.........so I'm going to every day but recording only weekly.......with my official weigh in maybe on Wednesdays as a poster above mentioned.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I "officially" weigh in once a week and always on Tuesday mornings right when I get up. It's the only way to really be sure your WI's are as consistent as possible. These are the weigh in's I record on MFP and in my weight loss log.

I do hop on the scale just about every morning though, out of curiosity and to check how I'm doing.
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Once a day, in the morning before breakfast.

:drinker:
  • SJP9180
    SJP9180 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Once a day, every morning before breakfast.

I find it encouraging to see the weight coming off daily, even if it is only a few ounces per day!
  • beckydunks
    beckydunks Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a saturday :) weighing youself everyday will send you mad!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a saturday :) weighing youself everyday will send you mad!

^^ This.
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every morning but post my weight on here on Friday Mornings.
    I find if I weigh less that morning it gives me more incentive to keep up the good work. If I've gained, it motivates me to step it up a notch.
  • Pizzagirl50
    Pizzagirl50 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Once a day and I track it in an app so I can watch the trend.
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I weight myself first thing every morning, however, I only record one day a week (Thursday) and I go off of that number. I like to know how I'm doing throughout the week, BUT I'm really good at not stressing over the fluctuations. Based on how that number moves throughout the week, I can usually tell how my official weigh-in will go. For those who freak out over the ups and downs that happen - weighing every day is not a good idea :)
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily first thing in the morning. I weigh daily because of the fluctuations. I really have a feel for how my weight changes now. If I only weighed once a week and that day happened to be a higher weight day, I'd be upset seeing the scale go up. I record my weight every 4 - 7 days depending on my progress.
  • Chainie
    Chainie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Officially once a week. But just to monitor, I weigh daily at the msame time. I am not concerned about daily upward fluctuations but I do record any new lows. This helps me with my motivation. At least that's what works for me. :-)
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I want to which changes from every couple of days to a whole week, but I have an "official" weigh in once a week where I write down the number.

I also get my mum to measure me about every 2 weeks as even if it doesn't look like you've lost much weight you may have lost inches!