Post your tips on losing the last ten pounds

Options
Hey everyone,
I have bee working on losing the last ten pounds since January. Honestly its been tough to see any results. I am beginning too see them now. I have lost 3 inches on my waist and consistently weigh under 135 pounds now.
My biggest tip is not to cheat on recording your food. I think one reason why I wasn't losing was because I wasn't always necessarily being honest when posting my food. Now I record EVERYTHING. I have also found including protein in all my meals the best way to ensure I would not overeat later on. I plan my meals everyday best I can. I try to have my day fairly structured.

Anyways,
I still have a few more pounds to lose and would love to hear tips from others.

PS
I love pilates.....if you haven't tried them I would recommend it. Not only does it help with strengthening muscles, it is also an amazing stress reliever.

I would love to hear from women who have lost the last ten pounds as well....and how they maintain it.

Replies

• monicakelly21
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I have bee working on losing the last ten pounds since January. Honestly its been tough to see any results. I am beginning too see them now. I have lost 3 inches on my waist and consistently weigh under 135 pounds now.
    My biggest tip is not to cheat on recording your food. I think one reason why I wasn't losing was because I wasn't always necessarily being honest when posting my food. Now I record EVERYTHING. I have also found including protein in all my meals the best way to ensure I would not overeat later on. I plan my meals everyday best I can. I try to have my day fairly structured.

Anyways,
    I still have a few more pounds to lose and would love to hear tips from others.

PS
    I love pilates.....if you haven't tried them I would recommend it. Not only does it help with strengthening muscles, it is also an amazing stress reliever.

I would love to hear from women who have lost the last ten pounds as well....and how they maintain it.
  • yenn
    yenn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    HEY !! I JUST read something about how the last ten pounds are the hardest to lose and it's not all in your head !! Jillian Michaels has a book out about it (called Making the Cut) which I haven't read but I'll put a quote from her below. The long and short of it is, you have to work your BUTT off relentlessly to get there, and don't let up, because it will come back as fast as you can say pass the Gatorade. In other words, do those two-a-day workouts, train like you're going to enter the race of your life, and don't ease up because you see the finish line. The finish line is actually on the top of a gigantic hill !!

Here's the thing I found; it's in a review for one of her fitness DVDs:

Your body wants you to be a little flabby: “Taking off these last problem pounds requires discipline. You’re fighting you’re body’s natural chemistry,” she says. Your body wants to keep an extra ten or fifteen pounds on in case of famine, a long winter, or other disasters that have plagued humans throughout history. Losing the last ten pounds isn’t always about getting healthy in the same way losing 30 or 40 is. Sometimes, it’s about vanity, and for vanity, you have to make sacrifices. “Your body doesn’t want to shed that weight just because you are a narcissist and want to wear size two jeans,” she says. “You have to trick your body into thinking it’s a safe weight,” and that means plowing through the program without giving your body the chance to rebound back to its old weight.