Burn 1000 calories a day and my weight is not moving :-(

Options
I don't know what the problem is....

I haven't lost anything in the last two weeks.

Any ideas? Advice?

I thought I was doing everything right.

Replies

• JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You're working out a whole lot and not eating your calorie goal. I think you need to eat more calories. I may be wrong, but yesterday, you only managed to net about 700 calories. Maybe you should try adding in some peanut or almond butt
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Have you tried switching up your routine in exercise?
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My exercise is limited, all I can do is walk or do a video. I don't have a gym membership.
  • LisaWilson2012
    LisaWilson2012 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Have you tried switching up your routine in exercise?

This is a big problem for weight loss if you're doing the same exercise. You really need to be changing up your routine every 4 weeks. Are you doing weights?

I also agree with the post about eating your calories. I'm not saying you need to eat all of them but you certainly look like you could do with eating more than you currently are. If your body doesn't get nourished for the amount of exercise you are doing, it will automatically start storing fat. Your body doesn't care about looking fit and slim it just wants to survive and this mechanism is all about doing that.

Good luck xx
  • clairerose11
    clairerose11 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Wii?? Zumba is fab on it, I have lots of fun with that, or Just Dance.

You really need to eat your exercise cals back, what rate of loss are you aiming for per week?
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My exercise is limited, all I can do is walk or do a video. I don't have a gym membership.

Then Where are you getting this 1000 calorie burn from?

Seems way too high for someone of your weight. You would have to be doing hours worth of heavy weight training or sprinting to get anywhere near that.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Check out bodyrock.tv for free at home workouts, also check out a couch to 5k program, that way you can add some running into your workout, or try running up and down the stairs, look on youtube for workout videos as well. There is a lot you can do to switch it up. I also say if you're burning 1000 calories you need to be eating more, and make sure you're getting rest days as well
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    That is a lot of calories to burn everyday. I am not a pro at weightloss clearly, so I will only speak for myself. I think that moderate exercise and adequate protein are helpful. I think that the rule of thumb for protein is .7 to 1g/per pound of body weight.

If you are going to burn that much you need to eat more.

I know everyone quotes Michael Phelps, but he is a prime example of eating to fuel his workouts. You are burning the candle on both ends.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    According to your food diary you are not eating enough. When you only have such a small amount to lose it is very important you feed your body enough, otherwise it will not let ago of the body fat you have. You need to REACH the calorie goal, not be UNDER it, and you are always way under it!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Iw1thBlLA&feature=plcp
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Seems way too high for someone of your weight. You would have to be doing hours worth of heavy weight training or sprinting to get anywhere near that.

I do the 30 day shred everyday which equals 300-400 calories. Then I do walking/jogging intervals for 50 minutes which equals to 600. That's about 1000 calories a day
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

This. 1000 calorie burn at someone at the OP's weight would be a challenge.

I also agree with people saying check out bodyrock on youtube!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your food diary and it looks like you ARE eating back a good chunk of your calories.

The only real issue that I see with your eating habits is that you do still eat junk, like the hostess snacks, even though it is in moderation and within your calories. Maybe that is contributing?

Have you taken your measurements? Are you gaining muscle but losing inches and that's why the weight isn't moving?

WalMart has cheap exercise DVDs. I don't know what you're currently doing but you could go buy another one for $10 to switch things up.
  • NurseJodies
    NurseJodies Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just read an article about a girl with a similar problem. Here is the link....http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/success-stories/

I'll include the story here:

Getting the Scale to Move
    The Game Plan
    For eight weeks my support team would help me do what I hadn't managed to in six months: jump-start my motivation and shed those last stubborn pounds.
    The Goal
    I'd come a long way since my 25th birthday, when I weighed 230 pounds and had the chronic aches of someone three times older. I gave up being vegetarian, trading bread and pasta galore for chicken and fish, and began jogging one New York City block at a time. Within a year and a half, I worked up to running 13 miles and dropped down to 152 pounds. That's where the scale stalled for months. And months. Then I wrote to FITNESS.
    My New To-Do List
    1.Think Small
    Until I consulted with weight-loss expert Madelyn, I couldn't understand why my 1,200-calories-a-day diet wasn't working. She said my body would resume losing weight when it sensed it wasn't in starvation mode. Madelyn had me eat snacks throughout the day, like sliced turkey rolls and fruit, to stoke my metabolism. Oddly, when I ate 1,700 calories daily, the pounds started to come off.

2.Be an Easy Strider
    I had signed up for a marathon to inspire myself to run farther, but I bonked out at 13 miles. My trainer, Monica, taught me energy-saving tricks to help me push past my roadblock: I stopped shrugging my shoulders as I ran, and I interspersed walk breaks -- run five, walk one, for example -- so that long runs weren't so psychologically taxing. Soon I did a 16-mile run, which was a huge mental boost.

3.Eat to Win
    My dietitian, Mary Jane, quickly figured out that I wasn't consuming nearly enough carbs to last through my increasing mileage. I was so focused on weight loss that I skimped on calories, especially those from carbs; I'd learned at a medical checkup last year that I had an intolerance to gluten, a component of many grains. Mary Jane had me add gluten-free carbs -- beans, potatoes, dried fruit, and rice -- to my meals, and it made all the difference.

The Results
    Not only did I lose 11 pounds and finally cross the 150-pound mark, but I also crossed the finish line at my first marathon. The best part of all was ditching the deprivation diet, which was only holding me back. I know that the closer I get to my ultimate, 135-pound goal, the tougher it will be. But now I have the healthy tools to make it.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You're working out a whole lot and not eating your calorie goal. I think you need to eat more calories. I may be wrong, but yesterday, you only managed to net about 700 calories. Maybe you should try adding in some peanut or almond butt

Mmmmm....almond butt. :laugh:
  • BanffJasper
    BanffJasper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think it's all about the calories. I continue to lose without that much caloric burn just less overall calorie intake. I probably burn 200 - 400 per day through exercise. I've been told that vitamin B-12 boosts metabolism and energy level for some people. Good luck and try not to get discouraged.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

I do the 30 day shred everyday which equals 300-400 calories. Then I do walking/jogging intervals for 50 minutes which equals to 600. That's about 1000 calories a day

are these numbers by HRM of just from MFP. The MFP calorie burns are way off.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    your hrm is overestimating a lot!
    you can burn around 600 kcal running (not running/walking) during 60 minutes.
    also, weight loss is not linear, scale not moving for 2 weeks is no biggie
  • shone88
    shone88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You could always be gaining muscle, muscle weighs more than fat. Maybe try to take measurements instead of weighing yourself.
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    How on earth are you burning 1k a day with walking alone? I work out pretty regularly at roughly the same weight, and if I'm doing hardcore cardio (8 min miles) and a heavy weight routine AND a high-intensity yoga class, I *might* kill 1k in a day.

Is it possible you're overestimating your burn? Also, as has been stated by others - your body requires fuel just as much as your car. If it's not getting enough, it will NOT let go of anything.
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Cut carbs as low as you can handle and increase lean protein, it should give your metabolism a good kick