Quitting soda ...

Options

Replies

• jenncaroon
    Options
    I consider Pepsi my gateway drug! It always led me to fast food, chips, too many slices of pizza. I gave it up last November and haven't looked back.
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks to my mom, and a doctor when I was a kiddo diagnosed with Hyperactivity.. I never really drank soda, coolaid, etc... I have one every once and a while,... I absolutely love water... I am a weirdo I guess...:noway: :bigsmile:
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I am a former Dr Pepper drinker and a heavy one, at that. I switched over to Diet Dr Pepper and recently cut that out. I decided to try one a few days ago and it didn't even taste right to me now. I hope that means I'm done with my former love affair with soda. I drink a lot of water, 2 cups of coffee when I wake up in the mornings, and unsweet tea with splenda when I go out to dinner at a restaurant.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I don't miss it at all =)
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it often but now I only buy the 90 calorie versions so I can have it infrequently and never go overboard.

Monica
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I usually don't drink it but I would like to quit it for good some day. I don't need the empty calories or the money wasted.
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    I've found that drinking hot beverages made it easier to not crave my go-to cold beverage, Diet Pepsi.
  • YahsPrincess
    Options
    I kicked my diet coke addiction in Jan, aspartame is a killer http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html/ the first week I stopped I lost 10lbs, then another 5lbs the following week. I have an occasional sprite now, but that's about it, trying to drink more lemon/lime water.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a soda since May 21st and I don't miss it. I actually feel flushed drinking soooo much water.
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I never got addicted to pop. When my family goes out to eat, maybe once a month or two, I'll alternate having nestea and a coke. Then sometimes my mom buys a big thing of orange pop or cream soda. So on average I'll drink pop once or twice a month. It hasn't hindered me so I'm fine with that.
  • DianaAR
    DianaAR Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i used to be a die hard pop drinker. but i knew it was terrible for me. so i switched to sparkling water. same carbon, same sweet flavor, none of the bad stuff.

i did some research and studies say its just as good for you as regular water, but can help curb the pop craving.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I don't drink soda either. :smile:
  • erniewebbiii
    erniewebbiii Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support all!
  • bailuna
    bailuna Posts: 56
    Options
    I used to drink at least two or three cans of Diet Coke a day. Some days, I'd go without drinking water at all and Diet Coke would be the only thing I drank.

I now have a can once a week, because I love it too much to give it up entirely. Eventually I will. I find the less I drink of it, the less I really enjoy it.

Water is all I drink now.
  • erniewebbiii
    erniewebbiii Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I used to drink at least two or three cans of Diet Coke a day. Some days, I'd go without drinking water at all and Diet Coke would be the only thing I drank.

I now have a can once a week, because I love it too much to give it up entirely. Eventually I will. I find the less I drink of it, the less I really enjoy it.

Water is all I drink now.

My goal right now is to get through August without one. Eventually, I can see drinking it here and there, but in moderation. I'm curious to see how my body reacts to not having it.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is to get through August without one. Eventually, I can see drinking it here and there, but in moderation. I'm curious to see how my body reacts to not having it.

I'm curious just the same.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I am on day 4 of no soda, and so far I don't miss it. I was drinking 2-3cans per day of dr. pepper and pepsi. I hope it stays this easy. I really thought it would be hard. We have two cans still in the fridge, but I haven't even been tempted!! :)
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    May 1 I quit for the month as a challenge. I kept on going in June and July - however, I admit that while on vacation I drank three diet soft drinks. I now drink a lot of water, and the occasional iced tea. Overall, it's been good - knowing that when I eat popcorn, I will have to have a Diet Rite
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda a year and a half ago, and don't miss it.
  • lyricalLies13
    Options
    Gave up pop months ago (yeah we call it pop where im from) tried to have one about a week ago, burned my throat so i dumped it out and never looked back!