Mid 20s losing 30 - looking for MFP buds!

Options
Hey all! I'm in my mid 20s trying to lose roughly 30lbs - I mainly want to feel and look healthier in order to get rid of some recently occurring health problems. I live in FL and would love to have some motivating friends, near or far, so we could support each other through this!

Replies

• KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi Im mid 30's losing 30. :) Nice to meet ya. Game plan is running & working out though In know i have to adjust my eating too.
  • cvance3
    cvance3 Posts: 64
    Options
    Hi there & welcome to MFP! I'm in my 20's looking to loose 45lbs. Big order, but I'm more focused on being fit, healthy, and marathon training!

Feel free to add me on here - I enjoy checking in with my MFP friends everyday! :)
  • lgdouma
    lgdouma Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat as you! My name is Lauren and I also live in FL. Used to live in South Florida but now I live in Gainesville. I am trying to lose around 30 pounds too. High blood pressure runs in my family and I am trying to prevent that occurring in me.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I;m mid 20's looking to loose 20
  • queenbeeq
    queenbeeq Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and I want to loose 125, a bit of a goal difference haha ;)

But I'm always here to motivate others! :)
  • anahita84
    anahita84 Posts: 44
    Options
    Hey I am 27 and I am losing 15 pounds :)
  • CarriC03
    CarriC03 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm 26 and not looking at pound loss but more to be fit and toned!
  • KravMark
    Options
    You cAn do it! Thanks for helping motivate me, what we can do alone we can do together right? :)
  • KravMark
    Options
    That's awesome that you lost 39lbs!! I can't wait to lose that much
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anyhting you put your mind too. hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile: thanks
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 26 with another 38lbs to go, have already dropped 51. Feel free to add me.
  • asayer
    asayer Posts: 47
    Options
    24, lost 15lb but want to lose another 50lb plus haha feel free to add me :D
  • KellyAlyssa84
    Options
    I'm in the same boat--feel free to request me!

My plan is running, dance, and the machines at the gym. Strength training at home bc right now I'm way too intimidated to lift at the gym.
  • amallia921
    Options
    Hi!! Welcometo MFP!!! I'm 23 and looking to lose 25 more lbs!! You can feel free to add me.
  • afasnacht
    afasnacht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 28 & I'm trying to lose between 30-40 lbs! I have been doing Jillian Michael's Body Revolution! Feel free to add me!! :smile:
  • Veronicamiller86
    Veronicamiller86 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom of 2, had baby in Sept 2011, still losing 2 more pounds of baby weight, then 5 more just to be a hot mama again :)

for fitness, i go to the gym: M, W, F: strength/power scupt class, every other day cardio/stretching, plus Zumba M/W. if i'm feeling extra motivated I'll do 2 workouts a day.

for diet, I am trying to follow the P90X fat shredder plan: 50% protein, 30% carb, 20% fat, and try to eat about 1500 calories/day.

i am looking for friends too! i have lost 8 pounds in the past 2 months, 7 to go, over half way done. all the friends i had before aren't active on MFP anymore so i feel like i'm reporting to no one :( add me: rekoniva
  • SarahD59
    SarahD59 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 26. I've lost 31, and I have 28 pounds to go. It took a lot of work just to get to the point where I can match your goal! Haha.
  • amandajam2012
    Options
    Hi I'm 22 and I want to lose roughly 30 lbs as well!
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 24 trying to lose 30lbs! I'm on day 8 of 30 day shred level 1, which i do every day except sundays, im doing c25k (week 3) and try to swim on a friday too. been here 7 weeks. feel free to add me!
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am 22 and my goal is to lose 34 pounds in total, I have lost 15 so far, and honestly I wouldn't have done so well without the support of the amazing people on here :) I will send you a request.