August Walk/Jog/Run Challenge

Options
Hello Everyone!

A friend and I decided to challenge ourselves to a walking/running goal of 50 miles this month. Inside, outside, treadmill, running, jogging, walking - anything works! I thought I would post about it here and see if anyone wanted to join us!

To join, jump right in! Tell everyone how many miles you want to challenge yourself to this month, and then come back every once in a while to update on how far you've gone!

I'm getting my sneakers on now and headed outside! Who's with me? :)

Replies

• kat_renee
    kat_renee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm going for 50 miles as well. :) Best of luck to you!
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    I'm in. My goal is 60 miles. Good luck everyone!
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I need to get back onto running! I'm going to try for 50 miles this month!
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great goal! Call me in for 50 as well! Mostly walking, I'm afraid, but hopefully some jogging in a week or so, and some running by the end of the month.
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    Awesome!! I'm so glad to have more people on board!

I just finished up 3.75 Miles for the day.. Figured I'd get off to a good start! :)

It's humid out there today, remember to stay hydrated! :):)
  • mrsrood
    mrsrood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I will do 50 miles this month! I have been struggling on what kind of goals to set. I struggle with weight loss and calories goals. I think I will get started with 50 miles this month and working out at least about 5 hours a week.
  • Marie294
    Options
    Awesome Mrsrood! Glad to have you along with us :)
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sure, this will be fun! 60 here. 3 down for today.
  • liehs80
    liehs80 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is great - just the challenge I need right now. Goal - 50 miles this month.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've been running for 9+ years and couldn't tell you how many miles I've logged in a single week.... and that's with three half marathons under my belt :o

So, count me in! I mostly did cross training cardio today with short bits of running. 1.5 miles total.

Tomorrow will be 4 miles.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50 miles this month. Mostly walking, working my way into jogging/running.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 30 miles (shin splints) :drinker:
    6 miles in today, 24 miles to go.
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    With my weight it's hard to walk, but I'm going to aim for half a mile a day, so 15 miles for the month. I don't think it's that bad of a goal for a very overweight beginner walker, and gives me motivation :) did .45 mile today.
  • Mrbadbern
    Mrbadbern Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in for 150 miles or more, in addition with 50,000' of accumulated elevation gain ( 5000 flights of stairs).
    Rung up 5.7 miles with 1664' today.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    With my weight it's hard to walk, but I'm going to aim for half a mile a day, so 15 miles for the month. I don't think it's that bad of a goal for a very overweight beginner walker, and gives me motivation :) did .45 mile today.

I started with 1/2 a mile a day. Walking is how I got started losing weight. Have you checked out Leslie Sansone? She has some great walk at home DVD's. They come in 1-5 mile videos. I just throw on my ipod and walk a way:smile:
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    Only ran 2.14 miles today.
  • LeisureRunner
    Options

I started out by walking & lost 40 lbs doing it. Don't underestimate walking. It's a great exercise. Good luck hun!
  • Tmennig
    Tmennig Posts: 4
    Options
    My goal is 50 miles. Good luck to everyone!
  • Marie294
    Options
    I'm really excited to have so many people doing this together! Thanks to you all for joining :)

Today I got 2.75 Miles down. :)
  • Marie294
    Options

I started out walking a few months ago, and I was going just under a mile in the beginning :) It's awesome you are getting started, and you'll be walking farther before you know it! :)