BLACK TEAM-New Year and opening to new Members

Options

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good evening black teamer, second day in a row logging every morsel, drinking all my water , lifting weights and cardio and eating my 1300 calories today.....Did even thining about splurging which is good for me because for the last month I would say well I was good yesterday and be good all day then blow it with just one meal left...

I went to the gym even though I didnt want to. I did ski machine and elliptical, I forgot to look how far I went on distance, so I could log it with miles ran...My hip cant take to run everyday, so I am gonna use these machine to assist me!!!

Only burnt 377 calories at the gym, that dosent include what I burned at work and I worked 9 hours today and I only ate like 1200 calories so I guess I did fairly well.

Well everyone welcome aboard, you will find this forum inspirational, as we all have and meet some great people along the way. I am ready for offical weigh in.

Well gotta go to bed gotta be up at 330 am to go to work for another 9 hour day and tomorrow we will be super super super busy!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    1697 today-- 497 more than I'd intended-- need to get some kidlets to bed and exercise.

Fingers crossed!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would like to join your team this year. My journey so far as been great, and reading your post was very motivational.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Leslie-- welcome-- !!!

Batman-- just wanted to say, I tagged this thread the other day and jumped on in, but had never read your opening post. You are truly a lovely, inspirational man. If I weren't on this team, I'd be chomping at the bit after your wonderful and flattering introduction of all of us, and what we have all accomplished.

Thank you, my dear friend--

Come hell or high water, I'm reaching goal this year. I think I need to set myself another date in mind. I read Jeannie's date of her birthday-- I think I'm gonna hit that for me, too. I'd originally hoped to have 50 off by my last birthday, and stalled.

Let's get 'er done by 6/05/10-- that is more than enough time, Marla!!!!!!!!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with my goals for the year a bit. I love the 1000 miles, however, I do Zumba, I do step- I don't always necessarily walk or run, so I'm not sure how to compute that.

I would love to set a "I will meet goal by" date, but once again, my body has to cooperate. I've set similar goals in the past, worked like a dog, eaten well and if my body doesn't wanna, it's not gonna. That's usually the point in which I say, WTH, and backslide for a time until I smack myself and get back on track.

Just had a nice long hot bath, reflected on some things from the past few months. The only thing I know for sure is I'm going to eat well and exercise. Goals are in in progress.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies! I'm so excited for y'all to join us on this journey :flowerforyou: I'm going through the thread and adding each of you. Looking forward to making some new friends!

Haven't logged my dinner yet, but I know I'm good on cals. We went to Applebee's with a gift card, and I ordered one of their new dishes that's supposed to be under 550 calories -Grilled Dijon Chicken & Portobellos. Don't know how close to that 550 it actually is, but it was good stuff and likely much healthier than some of the other choices I was considering. Did a frigid 9 miler this morning -21 degrees with wind chill of 7-, so I had plenty of exercise cals --just didn't want the fried, greasy stuff as much as I thought. I'm always extra hungry the day after a long run so I'll add a few tomorrow.
  • TiffTerry
    Options
    Hello! I would love to be on your team. I have a hard time staying motivated for exercising or exercising at all! I blame it on being a mother of a 1 year old, but I saw that there is a mother of 9 who does this everyday! I now have no excuse and could use a few friends in the same boat. My goal is to run a half-marathon in March! Here's to a new year and a great life!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to be on your team. I have a hard time staying motivated for exercising or exercising at all! I blame it on being a mother of a 1 year old, but I saw that there is a mother of 9 who does this everyday! I now have no excuse and could use a few friends in the same boat. My goal is to run a half-marathon in March! Here's to a new year and a great life!

Welcome!

Good luck on your half marathon...I finished my first one in October, and I'm hooked!
  • TiffTerry
    Options

Welcome!

Good luck on your half marathon...I finished my first one in October, and I'm hooked!

Thank you! I am really nervous and excited about my life changes.
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My name is Sara. I live in Wisconsin where it is -15 right now...freezing! I am excited to be on the Black Team!
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    I am kind of new to this site. Can you please tell m e how to make my food journal available to others. thanks
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    I am kind of new to this site. Can you please tell m e how to make my food journal available to others. thanks

Click on the food tab and go to settings. At the bottom you can make it private, public, for friends or password protected.
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    Thank you. What is our first challenge and when does it begin? or where Ican i find all of the out lines?
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Thank you. What is our first challenge and when does it begin? or where Ican i find all of the out lines?

We will find out on Wednesday, I believe!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    YUMMY!!! Just had pizze, used the Best Life flat bread for the crust sprinkled little cheese and 3 olivies cut up, put under broiler, it was delicious. That bread looks nutritionally healthy and tastes good. Price wasn't horrible either.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    My name is Sara. I live in Wisconsin where it is -15 right now...freezing! I am excited to be on the Black Team!

Glad you are here, I wish spring would come yesterday!
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'm struggling with my goals for the year a bit. I love the 1000 miles, however, I do Zumba, I do step- I don't always necessarily walk or run, so I'm not sure how to compute that.

I would love to set a "I will meet goal by" date, but once again, my body has to cooperate. I've set similar goals in the past, worked like a dog, eaten well and if my body doesn't wanna, it's not gonna. That's usually the point in which I say, WTH, and backslide for a time until I smack myself and get back on track.

Just had a nice long hot bath, reflected on some things from the past few months. The only thing I know for sure is I'm going to eat well and exercise. Goals are in in progress.

Yeah, I'm re-thinking the 1,000 miles-- I need to shake up the exercise routine. My date goal is just to keep me motivated-- a sense of urgency, as it were.

My evening wasn't exactly as I'd planned. But, as scripture says, "To man belongs the plans of his heart, but the Lord determines his steps." I had my exercise pants on, and getting ready to taebo when my husband looked at me and said, "Are you ready for coffee?"

We'd talked earlier in the day about going out for coffee tonight. As I posted in proudville, he's very upset about things with his mother, and quite obviously needed a friend tonight. So, he saw that I was getting ready to exercise and said it was okay if I didn't want to go out, but I knew it was more important tonight to be with him and chill (and ingest more calories-- for an evening with my husband always entails calories) than to burn my needed calories.

However, as I'm driving with him tonight, and thinking about the turn of events and how my plans didn't pan out, and how my life is even more out of control than ever, it brought me back full circle to what began me on my journey in the first place. There is absolutely nothing about my life these days that I can control.......except what I put in my mouth.

So, if one can say that it "clicked" again tonight, then it has indeed clicked. Back to basics-- I rather started that today, and life sidetracked me this evening. But, it's good to "feel" it again-- and I'm itching for the morrow.

Good news-- I drank all my water. Go figure--

Shuntae-- love the new picture.

To all our new teammates, welcome, welcome, welcome-- you won't be sorry you joined us. Finest group of people on the planet on this team.

Nite all--
  • Marla64
    Options
    Jessica!!!! Six kids??!! At 27 years old-- ????!!!! worship.gif

Totally awesome!

I have 9-- this can be done with kids. Stick with us, my new friend-- so much fun!!
  • Marla64
    Options

Hi Sara!!! Good to have you!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Welcome!

Shuntae!! Look at you standing sideways in a picture!! WOOT you are hot hot hot!! That running is morphing your body.