5'1 and 104 Pounds...Help

Options
13»

Replies

• redheadlynn
    redheadlynn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people do a freakout when they see short people and a short person's desired weight. I'm 115 lbs and 4'10 and have LEGITIMATE fat hanging off me. Like, muffin top and all that jazz. I feel my best around 90 lbs..and my weight range is 88-120 or something like that per the BMI. Everyone's ideal weight is different, and one weight can look different on two people of the same height depending on theri body type/bone structure. I agree that muscle-building will be the key to being lean. Have you tried bodyrock.tv?
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I don't know what "attacks" people are going on about.... she said she wanted to be toned, people told her how to do so (weight lifting, not scale watching) and provided tips, she seemed happy with the responses... so what are people mad about?
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If you're not into the gym, I'd recommend a workout video at home to build muscle and tone. For example, Jillian Michaels DVDs like the 30 Day Shred, or Beachbody workouts like Insanity or P90X. There are tons out there!

I agree with the above - it sounds like you want to tone up rather than lose weight. Good luck!

Totally agree with this, I also am light with a small frame. Jillians DVDs have helped get rid of my wobbly bits!!
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    im small toooo x
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i would concentrate on changing your body fat percentage instead. You could lose the extra fat and stay at 104.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    she is the one that posted the question
  • pag41989
    pag41989 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First off I just want to say I would give anything to be that size again and I remember saying the same thing. I remember as soon as I hit the triple digits in weight I thought I was fat. I now use those low triple digit pictures from high school as my weight loss motivation (even though I don't want to be quite that skinny again). I would focus on maybe gaining some muscle mass. Try adding more protein to your diet and strength training to help build some muscle mass. Good luck! :)
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Speaking as a fellow shortie... I second a lot of what is said here. I am 36 years old, 4'10", 103 pounds and people say I look like I weigh less. (I have more of a gymnast's body - petite, muscular)...

I started weight training regularly this year and have noticed a huge difference in my body composition. My main goal has been to reduce body fat and so far I've seen great results. I don't own a scale but I weigh the same now as I did a few moths ago. But, when I see friends or family that haven't seen me in a while, they think I've lost a lot of weight.

I've seen myself at a skinny fat 90-95 pounds and was still not happy with belly fat, my thighs, etc. (This is when I focused on the numbers on the scale and starved myself to that weight).

I don't recommend cutting your food intake severely to create a deficit... instead I'd focus on cardio and lifting heavy to reduce overall body fat. With that you'll see the stubborn flab firm up.

(I run a lot and lift and lost weight and inches slowly since December... think a 100-200 calorie deficit per day, if even....)

Good luck!