First Post

Options
Hello all,

After reading several posts from all the areas, I thought it was time for me to introduce myself. My Son and I found this site a little over two weeks ago when we both decided it was time to loose the extra tonnage. I am 49, 6' and weighed 312 lbs when I started the site. I will not be posting any gains/losses for awhile. My target weight loss for my first stage is 92 lbs to get to 220. Eventually, I will even see if I can get to the recommended 180.

My plan is start exercising, at first a little than more each week. Walking is my main exercise and other types will be added as I progress thru my self education and this site's help in portion control along with calorie/fat/carbs/cholesterol counting. The site allows for me at this time to eat 2500 calories but so far I havent eaten more than 2000 and even had the site warn me one day since I only had 1200. At first, I was having hunger pains but now they are almost non-existent since I also got my liquid/water up to the recommended 8+ cups a day (crystal lite packets to the rescue).

Hope to share more in the future.

Replies

• Rangarth
    Rangarth Posts: 121
    Options
    From Colorado Springs, Colorado and would like to hear from anyone else.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend. Feel free to add me.
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Rangarth! Sounds to me like you have a plan! :).Be determined and don't let anything stand in your way....you can do this!