Quitting soda ...

Options

Replies

• sheclimbsrocks
    sheclimbsrocks Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If you drink Mt. Dew or Diet Mt. Dew (or Gatorade) please google "Brominated vegetable oil"... if you still want to drink that is your choice but you should at least know what you are drinking.

At least s/he won't catch of fire. ;)
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    i found it real easy to quit soda - i got put on a migraine medication that made anything carbonated taste bad. :bigsmile:
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have quit Diet cola, pepsi max and other sugar free fizz. Only a few days in and have had the odd slip but so far... My sugar cravings are zero... My appetite is drastically smaller and the water and green tea is making me feel much better. Fingers crossed i can keep it up :)
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda in March. I remember having the worse headache as a side-effect of being a die hard soda drinker. I don't miss it at all!
  • MyCurvyJourney
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda last Saturday. So far, so good! Only a few headaches on day 2.

I usually always wanted to drink soda when I was eating junk food or fast food. Now that I am starting to eat healthier foods, I haven't had any cravings.

Somehow, it's been easy this time. It's only been a few days, but I haven't gotten this far before.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I genuinely don't understand how not drinking soda is difficult. Other than as something in which to occasionally put rum or gin it is pretty nasty, and if you need to get a caffeine hit you can do it in much healthier ways.

Regardless, I get that some people feel like they're addicted so kudos to those of you who opt to give it up regardless. Not being on the fast track to diabetes is a hell of a pay off. :)
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is B, and I'm a recovering Pepper. *sings* "I'm a Pepper, she's a Pepper, wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?" I've been Dr. Pepper free since May 24th, 2012. Not only has it helped me control my calorie intake, it has also helped me up my water intake, and make other healthier choices overall. I also don't miss it. :tongue:
  • emmoen1
    emmoen1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i don't think I will ever quit soda. I love my pepsi. I use to drink about 2 20oz a day but now I allow one 12oz a week. I do not see anything wrong with that especially since I do not drink any thing else besides water.
  • erniewebbiii
    erniewebbiii Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I was a heavy consumer of coke zero.. drank several in a day... on bad days maybe 12 pack... Didn't keep me from losing weight but I started my weight loss/ life style change setting 2 goals a month. July was drink more water---quit coke zero. Soda for me is my crack addiction. I can't drink just one. So I quit completely. I am fine. First day had raging headache then I was fine. I will say I have come to love water. I use to have horrible leg cramps at night and they are completely gone. I never would have admitted before that it would have been my beloved coke zero's but now I'm leaning that way.

Definitely had that headache all day the first day. Did not feel right at all.
  • erniewebbiii
    Options
    I've just recently given up Coke. I was at about 3-4 cans a day. Then slowly I've gotten away from.it. I had half of a 20oz bottle today and it just didn't taste good to me.
    I gave it up not only for the fact that it is extremely unhealthy (it can dissolve raw meat, I've done it), but it has completely messed up my stomach.
    Its a different choice for each person, but its usuqlly a good idea to quit.

Fiancee works at a haulistic pharmacy, so I've heard plenty about what pop does do your stomach.
  • erniewebbiii
    Options
    <---- Former Dr. Pepper addict... I gave it up in March...tried one the other day...EWWWW.... ( Kinda sad, huh?) Dont miss sodas AT ALL!

I did quit for I think three weeks last summer and I remember the Dr. Pepper being ridiculously sweet when I had one. Too sweet.
  • dpodrazil
    dpodrazil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As much as I adored Diet I gave it up the day I found out I had cancer- not sure why- I just wasn't feeling it! I then drank regular for a while especially during treatment- but now I gave that up too. Of all the changes I've made in my life giving up soda was pretty hard, but very rewarding. I ended up finally getting off all soda by doing a 21day detox type of thing. It sucked having to have soda everyday....I'm glad I'm free of it and my stomach is SO much better!

If you wanna quit read up on it and make sure it's something you want to put in your body.
    It's hard but eventually your body will crave water like it did soda. Best of Luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • erniewebbiii
    Options
    As much as I adored Diet I gave it up the day I found out I had cancer- not sure why- I just wasn't feeling it! I then drank regular for a while especially during treatment- but now I gave that up too. Of all the changes I've made in my life giving up soda was pretty hard, but very rewarding. I ended up finally getting off all soda by doing a 21day detox type of thing. It sucked having to have soda everyday....I'm glad I'm free of it and my stomach is SO much better!

If you wanna quit read up on it and make sure it's something you want to put in your body.
    It's hard but eventually your body will crave water like it did soda. Best of Luck!!:flowerforyou:

Yeah it kind of hits you when you google aspartame and see that death is one of the side effects.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    im trying to quit but it's so addicting i love it too much!
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I drank any soda. If I quit drinking it, anyone can. Best of luck!
  • MonicaLee92
    Options
    I haven't quit soda but I can say that I don't drink it enough to crave it anymore and when I do have it I get diet.
  • erniewebbiii
    Options
    I haven't quit soda but I can say that I don't drink it enough to crave it anymore and when I do have it I get diet.

Diet is actually worse for you. Nice tat, btw.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I ****ing love aspartame, never giving up my Coke Zero. I've never seen a study showing me how aspartame can affect me negatively.
  • erniewebbiii
    Options
    I ****ing love aspartame, never giving up my Coke Zero. I've never seen a study showing me how aspartame can affect me negatively.

It's called google.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options

It's called google.

lol no. You made the statement, you give the proof.