Game of Thrones

Options
tnrunningnurse
tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
I am currently reading book one and viewing season one....what an awesome series. Anyone else into Game of Thrones?...Who else want to punch Joffrey in the face as well as his Mother????

Replies

• kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    heck yeah! I only read the first book though. The older sister annoys me as well :c
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I love Game of Thrones. I won't post anything here for fear of spoiling you but please please please don't read anything about it online. A ton of stuff happens in that series (and I sure hope the author finishes the series one day) and if you are told about it in advance, it can kind of ruin the scenes for you. Also if you get a chance to listen to it on audiobook, do it. The guy who does the audiobooks (Roy Dotrice) does an amazing job with the voices.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I'm not allowed to say what I think of those Lannisters on here the %^$&*#s except Tyrion, go figure the dwarf would grow on me lol

Sean Bean however is the most beautiful man alive and the whole reason I started watching the show.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading book one and viewing season one....what an awesome series. Anyone else into Game of Thrones?...Who else want to punch Joffrey in the face as well as his Mother????

I've read the entire series to date and seen what they've done in the TV show. The first season is pretty true to the book, but the second season deviates from the book a bit, I think in the interest of not having to explain alot of the politics among the various families - far more involved in the book. They are both great, so I encourage you to read the books and watch the show!
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    I love Game of Thrones. I won't post anything here for fear of spoiling you but please please please don't read anything about it online. A ton of stuff happens in that series (and I sure hope the author finishes the series one day) and if you are told about it in advance, it can kind of ruin the scenes for you. Also if you get a chance to listen to it on audiobook, do it. The guy who does the audiobooks (Roy Dotrice) does an amazing job with the voices.

i will have to look into the audiobook for when i exercise!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Oh honey. If you're in season one you don't even know how much you hate Joffrey. :laugh:
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    Oh honey. If you're in season one you don't even know how much you hate Joffrey. :laugh:

ROFL! I just started on book 4 of the series but haven't watched any of the TV series. I wish it was on Netflix. Amazingly enough, Tyrion grew on me too.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of the third book...started reading the series when I heard about the TV series. I don't get HBO so I had to wait and get Season 1 from the library...it was AMAZING and exactly how I imagined the characters to look ;)

I'm bummed that Season 2 will not be available on DVD til March 2013 (that's what I read online, anyway).

And yes, I wanna punch Joffrey in the baby maker frequently! LOL

My favorite characters so far are Arya (although I imagined her blonde, not dark like they have her in the TV show), Jon Snow, Daenerys, and Tyrion.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Read them all except the newest one. Once it finally came out and I started reading it I could not remember wtf was going on so I need to go back and re read the 1st 4 books.

Hopefully not another 6 year gap between books again.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Tyrion is a great character. Doesn't hurt that he's played by Peter Dinklage, who I've admired for a long time.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Read them all except the newest one. Once it finally came out and I started reading it I could not remember wtf was going on so I need to go back and re read the 1st 4 books.

Hopefully not another 6 year gap between books again.

Check this out if you get a chance: http://www.tor.com/blogs/2011/07/where-everybody-is-before-a-dance-with-dragons-begins

Everyone else do not click that link unless you have read the first 4 books.
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    LOVING GoT!

Just started Season 2 and yes, I really do want to give Joffrey the biggest back hander ever!
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hear Me Roar !!
  • kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    show is brilliant. I can't wait for season 3 :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Got the first 3 books, planning on reading once I finish Hunger Games trilogy.
    I noticed the boxed HBO set one day, and rushed to the bookshop to buy the books, planning on reading them first.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great show! Havent had a chance to read the books but I should get going on that.

I almost forgot about it with all of these great shows on now. (Dexter, Homeland, etc)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Love the show, can't stand the books.

Best video for those who hate Joffrey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNeT2nzEgA