Successful weight loss without 8 glasses of water???

Options
I have a hard time getting in all the recommended water. Certain times during the day, due to my acid reflux, it can actually give me heartburn! I try to add Mio or Crystal Light to it, but that's generally worse. I do try to get a bottle or two in each day, but that's about it. However, I do drink other liquids such as coffee, iced tea or diet soda. I'm hoping that even though I have trouble getting in 8 glasses a day that I'll still be successful in my weight loss journey. What do you think?

Replies

• ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    id be interested to hear reposes to this......
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    I actually dont know any successful plans without water. Its so important to the process. I have a very difficult time as well but when i get all my water in. WOW do i see a difference. My weight goes down, my stomach is not as big and bloated, my skin looks clear and tight. And even with all of that benefit i still struggle to get it done but its so worth it. I say keep working at it, you will be happy that you did.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 pounds and don't drink a whole lot of water. I drink coffee and maybe a bottle of water and sometimes a glass of iced tea. So it can be done. I just can't drink it plain. I add a little crystal light and still have a hard time getting it down.
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 pounds and don't drink a whole lot of water. I drink coffee and maybe a bottle of water and sometimes a glass of iced tea. So it can be done. I just can't drink it plain. I add a little crystal light and still have a hard time getting it down.
    Wow. Do you work out? Cuz I drink around a gallon a day, not cuz i like it that much, but if I don't, I show signs of dehydration
  • fatzombiegirl
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking water. It makes me sick to my stomach. I drink a cup of tea every morning, plus a diet soda or two.

I've lost 37 pounds so far.
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When I started trying to drink more, I made weak, black tea. It's enough flavor to get over the plain water hurdle. This year we have a frig with an icemaker, and I'm finding it very easy to drink cool water. I have 1-2 glasses of protein drink that I count, and 1 coffee in the morning. Don't drink juice anymore, too carbolicious. At work I still brew weak tea, drinking it after it cools off some. It all counts in my book.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I lost most of my weight drinking Diet Coke and Coffee. I hardly ever drink water. Not saying that's a good idea, but...
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I never track my water accurately.

I eat tons of water melon and sugar free jello. I pee about a thousand times a day.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You don't have to drink plain water at all, drinking tea/coffee/diet fizzy drinks/juice/squash can be substituted for plain water.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    I also never drink 8 glasses a day, just not a fan.

My husband has the heartburn/acid reflux problem. He just read and started eating a red apple every evening. Seems to help, he has been eating it for about two weeks now.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    I have a hard time with the water intake as well. Some days I get disciplined and do well and others very minimal. I do make an effort to guzzel down 12-16 ounces after a workout though and a 6 ounces or so before.

Although I have had many ups and downs I have lost a total of 34 lbs in about 7 months so as long as I make an effort I dont worry too much about it. although I realize the benefits.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I never touched water back before I started... actually hated water like the plague. but as I changed my lifestyle and started adding it in a little bit at a time it got easier and easier.... Today I drink no less than 150 oz. a day and don't even blink an eye at doing that... Just work on it, get a bottle and mark it and drink a little more each week.. I can't imagine you would not be able to work yourself up to drinking more.... Best of Luck...
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water but now I have to buy so much it's making me cut back on other stuff (I know there is brita and other products and blah blah and it's bad to use all the bottles but whatever, I buy 'em). I don't know - I just got used to it. And my husband and my kid drink it too - my kid is only allowed any other kind of drink like milk or juice if she drinks a bottle of water.

I think it is because I noticed a huge difference when I drink water in my weight loss. Whether it was my attitude (I drank more because I was trying to be healthy therefore more mindful and ate less) or that water helped.
  • ktanne1
    ktanne1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I hate water....makes me gag silly I know, but then I discovered MIO and now I drink one cup of coffee a day then nothing but water I pee like crazy and it seems the more I drink then thirstier I get! I haven't noticed a big weight lost difference but I'm still drinking it.
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm sure lots of people lose weight without drinking 8-10 glasses of water per day. I drink water and lots of it, but I like it so it's no much of a chore. Coffee and tea count towards your water, but unless they are plain they can add another problem. You just do the best you can and try to eliminate the diet soda and replace it with coffee tea or water. Good luck!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I try to get in at least 100oz I'm supposed to push 150oz. I've noticed the weeks where I consistently drink water the weight falls off. I can't quite explain it. Doesn't work for the week I drink tea or diet soda. Maybe decafe would work mixed in with mostly water IDK. So far it seems to be critical. Im not a water drinker either. Mio and lemons are my life saver.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    maybe try carbonated water mix w/ mio or your diet soda isnt bad
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Mint or chamomile tea is good for sensitive tummies. I drink more green tea (plain) than I do water...
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Its a rare day that I get in 8 glasses of water. I usually drink when I am thirsty unless I am working out...then I drink more to keep hydrated. I am not having any trouble losing weight.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time getting in all the recommended water. Certain times during the day, due to my acid reflux, it can actually give me heartburn! I try to add Mio or Crystal Light to it, but that's generally worse. I do try to get a bottle or two in each day, but that's about it. However, I do drink other liquids such as coffee, iced tea or diet soda. I'm hoping that even though I have trouble getting in 8 glasses a day that I'll still be successful in my weight loss journey. What do you think?

This sounds just like my husband. He can drink filtered water and Crystal light that is NOT red without those side affects. I would suggest playing around with different flavors and also trying filtering your water.