I am new to myfitnesspal

Options
Hello everyone. My name is Michelle. I am new to myfitness pal and wanted to introduce myself. I am married with 2 kids and am a wellness director at a local YMCA. I am a nationally certified fitness trainer and massage therapist. I might have the knowlege of what to do but I struggle with the same issue as everyone else. Balancing a full time career with being a wife and mother are very challenging and make maintaining a healthy lifestyle very difficult. I have started a blog about my journey to get back into shape. Check it out.

Nice to meet everyone and Happy New Year!!!

Michelle

Replies

• pegwebster
    Options
    Hi Michelle, my name is Peggy and I'm new to this program. I have 3 married children and 7 grandchildren and as I am getting older I have realised the importance of keeping as fit as I can. My problem is that although I like to excercise, I also love to eat, so I am finding by documentating everything that I eat is useful in reducing what I eat.
    Good luck:smile:
  • betterhealth2010
    Options
    Hi Michelle and Peggy,

I began this program on Jan 1st so I am also new to this program. I find what Peggy says to be true. I am logging my food into the database right before I eat it and that has stopped me from consuming a few items. So far I am enjoying this site and the members. They are so helpful and encouraging. I hope you experience the same and good luck with your goals.
  • meferretti
    meferretti Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Peggy and Betterhealth2010,

Thank you for the introduction. Welcome to you as well. You are so right about logging your food. I get out of control easy and logging keeps me from doing that. Good luck to the both of you and KIT.