Measuring Tape

Options
How many of you guys are actually using the measuring tape?? Make sure you break it out and do it because it is SUCH a lifesaver when you don't see the scale moving but you lose inches!! Definitely has been motivation for me!

The scale can be the devil!

Replies

• lulubenmom
    Options
    Here, here, I totally agree. I used the tape measure from a year ago and I love looking at the graphs showing how many inches I've lost. I measured chest, waist, belly, hips, butt, and thigh. It was great to see that when the scale didn't move I at shrank.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I measure every month. It really does help keep up my motivation usually if I am not losing weight I still lose a few inches. I figure as long as it is a loss I am good!!!
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% with measurements! I started 2 months ago and the scale hasn't moved hardly but the inches are melting!! :love:
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    Gosh, I just did my first measurements. Slightly depressing. But I have something to look forward now. Thanks. :smile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Dont forget that you can add more measurements than what the default is by hitting the change measurements button. I do hips, waist, biceps, thighs, calf, and neck.
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    No way! I had no idea. I'll have to change mine! Thank you so much for this thread, Iceprincessk25!!:happy:
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I was getting so depressed not seeing the scale move and that's when I TRIED the measuring tape. I was losing inches and that gave me the motivation I needed to keep working out and practicing good eating habits. I most def. keep up and track my measurements!