Quitting soda ...

Options
124»

Replies

• medicinemantoo
    Options
    quit soda about 15 years ago, just drink water, coffee and milk.

a special treat once or twice a year will be a root beer float; super sweet and the bubbles are killer. now that's a treat.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I only drink one a day and it's diet Coke. I used to drink that stuff like water. I get less heartburn now that I'm only drinking one a day. I replaced it with water. I have always only drank iced tea in the evenings though.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    my latest blog ... http://wp.me/pto6p-Bv

I quit Mtn. Dew's so good luck to you. After a month, I allowed myself the odd caffeine free low sodium soft drink, but NO MORE MTN DEWS period!
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was so addicted to soda, I would drink about a 2 liter of diet wild cherry pepsi a day. No joke! When I joined this website about a month ago I didn't even plan to stop drinking it, but I started drinking tea and less soda. Now I only drink one small glass of tea in the morning and water the rest of the day. The crazy thing is I don't even miss it anymore.
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about giving up diet pepsi, since I will be moving out by myself and will be poor as F$%^ and won't have money to throw away on soda! It's gonna be tough, I am an addict, but already i know I don't drink as much as I used to!
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    No Soda pop here....water...water...water...and more water...Cheers to water. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    To those of you who got a headache, if you drink a cup of green tea, you won't get the caffiene withdrawal headache or even regular tea. I'm going to try to not drink anymore soda this month and see how it goes. I know I won't get the caffeine withdrawals because I always have iced tea at night :)
  • iamjonanderson
    Options
    I ****ing love aspartame, never giving up my Coke Zero. I've never seen a study showing me how aspartame can affect me negatively.

It's called google.
    There isn't any clinical evidence to support the claims that aspartame causes cancer, MS, and everything else under the sun people claim.
  • erniewebbiii
    erniewebbiii Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I ****ing love aspartame, never giving up my Coke Zero. I've never seen a study showing me how aspartame can affect me negatively.

It's called google.
    There isn't any clinical evidence to support the claims that aspartame causes cancer, MS, and everything else under the sun people claim.

You fellas believe what you want.
  • dpodrazil
    dpodrazil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    PITTSKA--I know it is addicting.....if I didn't have some in my house I wasn't going home without it....or going to the store to get some! It's SUPER hard to quit- keep trying and don't be too hard on yourself!! It took me years and a bad doctor appointment to scare the crap out of me!!! Hang in there
  • dpodrazil
    dpodrazil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No one really knows what makes someone sick- to me it's a matter of getting my body the stuff it needs to be healthy and happy. And if having a coke makes you happy then good for you too!:flowerforyou:
  • lizabeth1127
    Options
    I think quitting soda is the easiest first step toward any healthier lifestyle. Maybe it's because I never was addicted to caffeine or drank it everyday to begin with. But cutting it out entirely is pretty easy and makes such a huge impact especially if you drink it often. Go you!
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    I was once addicted to soda. I would have 4 or more bottles a day. It was just terrible and out of hand. My New Years resolution was to give it up for 1 year and 7 months later, I have not had a single soda.

It was really hard to quit but it can be done. Quitting soda gave me the motivation to start working out and dieting and has changed my life for the better.
  • erniewebbiii
    Options
    I think quitting soda is the easiest first step toward any healthier lifestyle. Maybe it's because I never was addicted to caffeine or drank it everyday to begin with. But cutting it out entirely is pretty easy and makes such a huge impact especially if you drink it often. Go you!

I'm on day five. Feeling pretty good :)
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    <---- Former Dr. Pepper addict... I gave it up in March...tried one the other day...EWWWW.... ( Kinda sad, huh?) Dont miss sodas AT ALL!

Same here! I quit in January and now all sodas taste nasty to me. I do miss my Dr. Pepper sometimes tho. :cry:
  • erniewebbiii
    Options
    <---- Former Dr. Pepper addict... I gave it up in March...tried one the other day...EWWWW.... ( Kinda sad, huh?) Dont miss sodas AT ALL!

Same here! I quit in January and now all sodas taste nasty to me. I do miss my Dr. Pepper sometimes tho. :cry:

I will, too, eventually. Bad for you or not, it's delicious.
  • erniewebbiii
    Options
    six days in, down about five pounds
  • Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I drank so much diet coke its crazy. I would not drink water. My body was so dehydrated. When you are dehydrated your body tells you that you are hungry so you can get fluids from your food. I started drinking 2 glasses before meals, ans drinking between meals. I have not had a diet coke in a week and really don't want one. This is amazing for someone who drank 5-6 cans a day at least. I did have a cup of coffee for a few monrnings and that helped with the headaches. No coffee for 4 days and diet coke for 7.

Another thing I found with drinking 2-3liters a day is that I am not tired. I don't feel like I need one for the caffeine. Part of this may be because I am eating healthier.
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I kicked my diet coke addiction in Jan, aspartame is a killer http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html/ the first week I stopped I lost 10lbs, then another 5lbs the following week. I have an occasional sprite now, but that's about it, trying to drink more lemon/lime water.

You lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks from quitting diet soda? Were you eating more calories because you were drinking diet soda? I never heard such a thing. I just quit diet coke Friday of last week so I'm just on day 5. No change in weight because I have not changed my diet at all. Just stopped drinking the soda. So - what was your secret???