Add me as a friend if...

Options
2»

Replies

• tdfowler12
    Options
    Cucumbers dipped in Italian dressing. You can get the hunger bug off your should for less than 50 calories.
  • mcw1976
    mcw1976 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1.) Yes, need to get healthier after my surgeries.

2.) Yes

3.)Had to have colon & large intestine removed due to pre-cancerous polyps. Had a long bout of depression, but better now.

4.) No cats, but two labs that are great.

5.) Still eat what I like, but try to use portion control.

6.) Sorry I am not a teacher. Does my wife being PTA president count :-)

7.) Always try to find the positives in everything

Above all, I like to have fun and get healthier along the way.
  • kms1104
    kms1104 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    No cat or dog here but I have decided to make a change in my life. I have a loving family and want to live long enough to see my 8 year all grown up. Who know maybe even long enough for Grandchildern. Na never mind on that one it would mean my daughter would be dating and I don't see that happening.

I'm sure she will remain pure and innocent and in NO way do what it takes to have kids :)
  • kms1104
    Options
    WOW! I'm humbled. I got way more new "pals" than I imagined by posting this. I love that happened on just being a quirk. Glad to meet you guys!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I'm a college professor (so I got the teacher part - I am also an IT trainer....I am the one that "teaches the teachers") and I WISH that I had a cat. My husband claims that he's allergic to them but I think he's lying lol. We do have two dogs though.

I am a real person with a positive outlook and I believe in fueling your body and eating what you want within reason....no 1200 calorie limit here!

Nice to meet you :-)

Oh...and I have hypothyroidism, pcos and high blood pressure (though I think that's clearing up - I plan to talk to my dr soon).
  • kms1104
    Options
    1.) Yes, need to get healthier after my surgeries.

2.) Yes

3.)Had to have colon & large intestine removed due to pre-cancerous polyps. Had a long bout of depression, but better now.

4.) No cats, but two labs that are great.

5.) Still eat what I like, but try to use portion control.

6.) Sorry I am not a teacher. Does my wife being PTA president count :-)

7.) Always try to find the positives in everything

Above all, I like to have fun and get healthier along the way.

Sure your wife being PTA counts :) The presidents are alway my favorite! Labs are awesome! I want one when I get out of a tiny apartment, whether Mr. Kitty wants one or not! Post surger and cancer scares are rough! Keep it going, awesome attitude!
  • ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    yes, let's be friends and help each other!!
  • kms1104
    Options
    I might add: refuse to give up wine for weight, or chocolate... I love dark chocolate :devil:
  • nomoreFA
    nomoreFA Posts: 40
    Options
    Wow, I can actually answer yes to all of your questions.

I'm an Elementary Reading Teacher. I know what you mean about all the goodies that people bring into work. It's hard. Whenever I see all the snacks I tell myself that those foods are poison to my body and try and get away from them as soon as possible.

I have two cats

I am taking Tamoxifin to reduce my chances of getting cancer. (have had precancer cells removed twice) I'm also hypoglycemic.

If I want to eat something sweet, I make it myself using healthier ingredients.

Don't care what the scale says, but use it to keep myself on track.

Postive most of the time, except on the few days a year I throw a pity party for myself.

My initials are KMS too
  • kms1104
    Options
    I'm almost all of these as well :) I love my kitties (even though my house cat seems to think I'm just a chew toy), don't care as much about what the scale says as just being healthy and making better choices, and I'm going to school to be an English teacher (secondary, not elementary).

Awesome! I love my kitty, too. He's a house cat... I actually named him "Dobby the House Kitty" after "Dobby the House Elf" in the Harry Potter books... I'm an 8th grade English right now... ask away if you have any questions!

Definitely will! I love the fact that your cat is "Dobby the House Cat." I'm pretty sure my cat is closer to Kreacher ;) Glad to have you as a new friend :)

Thanks, who DOESN'T love Dobby? Krecher was very loyal, and almost noble in the end. :happy:
  • kms1104
    Options

I'm an Elementary Reading Teacher. I know what you mean about all the goodies that people bring into work. It's hard. Whenever I see all the snacks I tell myself that those foods are poison to my body and try and get away from them as soon as possible.

I have two cats

I am taking Tamoxifin to reduce my chances of getting cancer. (have had precancer cells removed twice) I'm also hypoglycemic.

Postive most of the time, except on the few days a year I throw a pity party for myself.

My initials are KMS too

Crazy similarities! KMS is kinda creepy :)
  • kms1104
    Options

I have two cats

My initials are KMS too

Crazy similarities! KMS is kinda creepy :)

Oh and have DEFINITELY thrown myself a pitty party or two... most normal people have!
  • cbroadaway2
    Options
    Good tip! I never thought of this.
  • MissItalianPrincess
    Options
    All of these, actually, except for the cat- I have two chihuahuas who are cat-sized, so does that count? ;-)

Oh, and for the teacher part, I was just thinking of starting a thread myself about that! I have a month until I go back and already the first day of preplanning, lo and behold, our principal is taking the whole staff out at 4 pm for early dinner and drinks at some posh restaurant, not to mention the cocktail parties and back to school dinners all the first two weeks, in conjunction with treats most days in the lounge. I have fairly good willpower but I'll be a month into my journey and I already have to find ways to attend and resist!!! Aghhhhh
  • amillerwvu
    amillerwvu Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    1.) At my age...yes!

2.) Sure does:)

3.) Um...yeah.

4.) Don't have a cat--they make my eyes swell, and honestly, I really am not that fond of them but they LOVE me...lol. I do have a golden retriever...

5.) Mmmmm....yummy, healthy things!

6.) I teach 11th grade English; however, we don't get any cool luncheons or anything:/

7.) For the most part, my glass is usually half full:)
  • MissKane8064
    Options
    I don't have a cat (my 3yr. old has a rabbit), and I'm not a teacher (work from home), but I'll add you anyway:)
  • dianuhmonkey
    dianuhmonkey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1.) Yes because I am tired of trying to fit into the hollywood image of what beautiful is but gosh darn i want to be around to meet my grandkids! (eek i am only 30 this makes me sound super old!)

2.) ummm yes please! under 200 would just make my day!

3.) depression with binge eating......it sucks

4.) my cat is my owner....and ummmm she is a D-I-V-A!

5.) i like to cook so portion control is my biggest issue because i do not want to have to give up everything!

6.) i am a stay at home mom to 7 kids.....does this count?

7.) *jumping high five*

please feel free to add me! i need to see more real people trying and succeeding to keep me in the game!
  • Alexzya
    Alexzya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love my cats :)
  • stephanieGbraswell
    stephanieGbraswell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not a teacher but I am a student Lol
  • Arredondo145
    Arredondo145 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I teach 6th grade LA. We are not in middle school.... yet! 3:00 hunger kills me too! I struggle not to give in and eat whatever is lying around!
    Feel free to add me!