Options

Replies

• hippietofugirl
    Options
    I'm in! :flowerforyou:
    Starting today:
    Me: 0
    Binge:0

I'm just curious what everyone considers a binge day. For me, it's probably going over my calorie allowance by 1000 cals or more.
    when i binge i binge good!!! i consume about 4000 calories that day!!!

I'm in!
    You guys don't have anything on me! I've eaten 10,000 in 1 day before:ohwell:
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    Me: 2
    Binge: 0
  • Gutengal
    Options
    I'm in too! I've done pretty good all summer but this past week (including today) I've definitely been binging. To me, a binge is eating past hunger, usually until I feel sick... Challenge on!
  • downsize21
    downsize21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me: 1

Binge: 0 :tongue:
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Ok - I'll take the challenge! I had a couple of binge days in late July that stopped my steady loss and caused a gain. UGH! :mad: I need to get myself back in control.

Starting on Aug 1 and as of Aug 2

Me Winning: 2 days
    Binge Monster: 0 days

Now if I can just get my sodium intake down and the water intake up.....
  • Zvyezda
    Zvyezda Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this challenge! I used to have serious problems with bingeing but luckily I mostly have it under control now. With the amount of exercise I do, I do get more than enough calorie allowance so for the purpose of this exercise I'm going to call a binge anything that's 500+ cals over my allowance. Unfortunately I had a bad start to August and just seen this challenge but I will count it from the 1st nonetheless:

Monster: 2
    Me:0
  • yayam28
    yayam28 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh I'll play too....for me a binge is when I'm too mortified to even attempt to count the calories because I know I've gone WAY too overboard. But I'm trying to be very good, which I suspect might be a challenge since I have a crappy work schedule for August (14 twelve hour shifts in the next 20 days, most of them backshifts :sad: ) I tend to do very poorly when this happens but tonight I went to the gym on my lunch break so.....
    BingeMonster: 0
  • ellisrobertson
    Options
    Count me in! So far, for the month of August (all two days of it!) I'm winning over the Binge Monster. Right now is the most difficult time of day for me (after everyone else is in bed). I know that I could / should just go to sleep, but I am so much of a night owl that if I got into bed now, I'd just toss and turn and get irritated. Soon, but not yet.

I AM hungry, though. Not just bored. Actually, I'm not bored at all. But my tummy, it is a-rumblin'.

Edit (two seconds later): Went for some grapes. A specific amount. Not a binge, right? Or does it still count? I need some parameters, here.
  • amjare09
    amjare09 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ooh, count me in on this! :D

I drink a lot of water, but I need to work on my sleeping schedule. I'm up always really late.

Me- 2
    Binge- 0
  • cristenjo
    cristenjo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    me too! what are we saying is a binge cutoff? ill say for me it begins at 300 cals over goal for the day.of curse i can get into the 3000's on my binges easily.
  • ellisrobertson
    Options
    I think I need a "no grazing" challenge, too. Never mind binges (well, mind them, yes, but that's not what I'm talking about here), how about the random tastes and "mmm, tasty almonds in the veggies look good, two or three won't hurt while I'm cooking". Unless I'm taking the food from the portion I've set aside for my meal, the grazing must stop! MUST STOP, I say!
  • emma155
    emma155 Posts: 152
    Options
    me: 3
    binge: 0
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I think I need a "no grazing" challenge, too. Never mind binges (well, mind them, yes, but that's not what I'm talking about here), how about the random tastes and "mmm, tasty almonds in the veggies look good, two or three won't hurt while I'm cooking". Unless I'm taking the food from the portion I've set aside for my meal, the grazing must stop! MUST STOP, I say!
    I have a bf who constantly grazes and it makes it so hard for me, especially toward the end of the day when I've already met my calorie goal. For me, it's ok to have 1 or 2 bites even if I go over my cal count a little. I rather go over by a little than have a full blown binge where I can go over by 1000-3000 cals. And if I'm hungry, I eat. I'm an ugly person when I'm hungry lol. Don't be so hard on yourself especially if you're grazing on healthy items. Good luck to you and congrats on only eating grapes when you were hungry :flowerforyou:

My challenge,
    Me-2
    Binge-0
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    August 2nd
    Winning: 2
    Lost: 0

In a row: 2
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I'm SO in! As of August 1st:

Me - 2
    Binge - 0

Fellow bingers (but aiming to be non-bingers!) feel free to add me as a friend. Especially UK bingers!!!

x
  • lilsis10
    lilsis10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Me: 2

Already more days in a row than last month!
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yey to everyone that joined :) I think I'll create this challenge every month until I'm done binging for good!

As of August 1st
    Me: 2 (it would be 3 but today's not over yet)
    Binge monster: 0
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    Me: 3
    Binges: 0
  • gigglebunny1
    Options
    I'll give this a try.

I always thought of binging as constantly going for something more to eat, but for this challenge I'll consider a binge being 500 + calories above my daily allowance.

I'll start with the day just ended - August 3rd.

• crafterpaula
    crafterpaula Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    hi just checking in havent binged yet just eat everything in moderation so far!:devil: