Anyone else from Canada? :)

Options
I'm from Quebec and live just south of Montreal, and curious to see if I'm the only Canadian here :)

Have a great day everyone!!

Replies

• DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi Eliahart, I'm brand new on this site and I live in Ontario. I really like this site so far. I'm really excited about finally being able to be more structured in weight loss.
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    I live in Ontario about an hour east of you.
    Good luck
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I live in Ontario in the Greater Toronto Area(GTA)

Nice to meet you:flowerforyou:
  • DebbieW
    Options
    Sorry, I posted only that I live in Ontario. I forgot to say that I live in Kingston. Oopsie...
  • Eliaheart
    Eliaheart Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you all :) This site is wonderful - I love it so far, and today is only my first day on the program. :)

If any of you would like to add me as a friend, feel free!! :D
  • abbychick
    abbychick Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi! I think there are quite a few Canadians here. I'm from Abbotsford, B.C. This is an awesome site for getting support and info. Good luck!!
  • suef
    suef Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, Nice to meet you all. I live in Sutton, Ontario and its nice to see all the Canadians here.

Love to hear from you on how you are exercising with all the cold weather we are having right now.

Sue
  • Eliaheart
    Eliaheart Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue :)

I'm crazy about running, so most of my exercise I get by running outdoors 3-4 times a week. I also joined a group fitness class, which is a lot of fun. And when I do have days where I don't feel like going out, I have a little "Wii Fit" time. I've heard great things about the Shred DVD by Jillian Michaels, so I may get a used copy of that, too :)

I'm very happy to meet all of you!
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Hi, Nice to meet you all. I live in Sutton, Ontario and its nice to see all the Canadians here.

Love to hear from you on how you are exercising with all the cold weather we are having right now.

Sue

Hi Sue from Susan

I have an elliptical at home and a gym right next door to my office (only $30.00 per month for seniors) So luckily I don't have to go outside.

Susan
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm in Fredericton, NB. :)
  • bettyvodine
    Options
    Hello,

I live in Sudbury, Ontario. It's seriously frigid here these days, so I mostly get into Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for Wii. It's good times :) I'm just starting out as well. Good luck!
  • EdibleEm
    Options
    Hello from rural BC here! I am in a little tiny town called Lumby.. it's nice to have some support on here eh? lol :) Good luck!
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    I'm from Toronto, though I'm in Puerto Rico until the spring. Decided to skip the winter this year :D

I try to swim around three times a week and have recently started doing yoga every day. I think this site is great, it's helped me stay on track a lot since I joined back in November.

Awesome to see so many Canadians around!
  • DebbieW
    Options
    Abbychick - wow, someone from my hometown. That's awesome! Good luck with working out, I hope it's not as cold "back home" as it is here in Kingston, Ontario.

Eliaheart - nice to chat with you again. I have the Jillian Michaels Shred DVD. It's as brutal as she is on TV. I stopped trying for now at least of doing the DVD. I need to work up my strength and stamina to do that DVD.

On January 2nd I officially started the "Flat Belly Diet" by Prevention Magazine. I'm on day 3 now. I started off with doing the "4 Day Anti-Bloat Jumpstart". I am being cautious when I say this, my belly does not look as bloated as it has been. I weighed myself this morning after that discovery. I have dropped 4 lbs since January 2nd. The anti-bloat diet seems to be working. It's amazing how what we ingest can actually bloat us up and instantly make us heavier. Shocking!

After the 4 day anti-bloat diet, I will be doing the actual Flat Belly Diet. Wish me luck. So far I'm not cheating. I'm not looking around for munchies, even though I have all kinds of things in the pantry. I actually am not even tempted. This is pretty amazing! There are chips in the cupboard and dip in the fridge and I'm not at all interested in them. That alone is very, very exciting.

Has anyone else on this thread done the Flat Belly Diet? I am really curious as to how it is/was going for you.

I look forward to talking with all my Canadians buddies again.

Have a healthy and happy day everyone!
  • DebbieW
    Options
    Oh, one more thing. If anyone is interested, The Biggest Loser debuts tonight. I love to root for the underdogs. I get excited for everyone when they drop the weight.

Have a nice day, eh! LOL!
  • LadyEss60
    LadyEss60 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm from Oshawa, Ontario. I joined about a year ago. I've been off and on ... more off than on. It really is a great site. I've started back again in hopes that this is the year that I finally lose that extra weight I've been carrying. Good luck on your journey!
  • elleemay
    Options
    I too am from Canada. I live in Toronto and after this lovely holiday season I am in need of losing 15 pounds. How do you find this site?

btw
    I'm Donna
  • suef
    suef Posts: 12
    Options
    I have decided to do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, plus get on our Bowflex and walk the dogs for my winter exercise. At the same time am looking for a used stationary bike that I can add to my routine, as I really enjoyed the benefits of cycling over the summer.

So all of this should keep me busy til Spring.
  • dayle_c
    Options
    Hi! Nice to see you all here. I'm from Wiarton, Ontario, and just joined this site a couple of days ago. So far it's good I think. Very user friendly.
    Good luck to us!
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm from Fredericton, NB. I've been a member for almost a year and I swear by this site. It's helped me reach my goal weight and maintain it :)