Just need a pick me up

Options
This sounds ridiculous but the guy I was seeing called it a day a couple of days ago - I still have no idea why! But in the process he told me I was pathetic and I would never amount to anything or achieve anything (it's not even like I don't work - I'm a legal secretary in a firm of solicitors).

I only started my healthy eating and exercise on Monday and was feeling really good. I have been exercising non stop and did a 5 mile run the other day so things were great but now i'm just feeling low and fed up and need some inspiration / motivation

xxx

Replies

• nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    screw him!! you do NOT need negative people in your life, he would of only brought you down. You will find someone who is amazing and will encourage you and love you for you!

Congrats on making the decision to get healthy, add me if you like xxx
  • its_rierie
    its_rierie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's not ridiculous, honey, it's totally understandable. We all need some inspiration and motivation when we're going through rough patches. :flowerforyou:

Think of where you want to be in 3 months' time. Write it down, and either put it away, keep it in your mind, and come back to it in that time -- or stick it on a wall, so you'll see it every day and be reminded.

I'm not sure what the time is where you are, but maybe consider going for a run/walk or working out -- the exercise will give you a rush of endorphins to instantly make you feel better. :flowerforyou:
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Oh I know how you feel, my horrid ex told me when I dumped him 'you'll never find someone as good as me' I couldn't help but laugh in his face! He was so pathetic, they're not worth your time, find someone you don't want to kill everyday =)
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I got dumped by my high school sweetheart after being together for 2 1/2 years. She told me I would never make enough to give her the lifestyle she wants. Three months later I was introduced to the woman that would become my wife. We have been married 25 years this past June. BTW... stupid is still single. You will bounce back and one day meet the person you are intended to be with for life. Don't become desperate. Focus on your workouts and become a stronger you inside and out. Good luck!
  • virgocoley
    virgocoley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice everyone - it really means a lot and it's definitely helping

xxxxx
  • Chunk2206
    Options
    People say things like that when they know that it's something lacking in them but they can't admit it out loud. Clearly the man was an idiot!!!

Ignore those words he so foolishly uttered and keep putting yourself first. You can achieve anything you want and joining MFP shows your committed and ready to put in the effort to be the person you want to be.

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    <<hugs>> you're doing the right thing for YOU .. don't let someone else infect you with their negativity
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    Keep your head up and do this for you!! You know your worth and you know you can do it :)
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got dumped by my high school sweetheart after being together for 2 1/2 years. She told me I would never make enough to give her the lifestyle she wants. Three months later I was introduced to the woman that would become my wife. We have been married 25 years this past June. BTW... stupid is still single. You will bounce back and one day meet the person you are intended to be with for life. Don't become desperate. Focus on your workouts and become a stronger you inside and out. Good luck!

Beautifully said!!

I say Good riddance....!!

My partner of 7 years broke up with me 3 years ago for a number of reasons which really hurt at the time. Today I am so grateful that they did it, I would have stayed in that relationship trying to make it work for ever!

Because of this I met someone else, pretty quickly too ;-) and I now know love, respect and support like I did not know it was possible.

Congratulations on you break up hon I I know it doest feel good now but you wait and see!) and well done for looking after yourself :-)
  • chazbo35
    chazbo35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ok as a guy I feel like I can say this. And btw, sorry guys but you have to agree with me on this. Sometimes we just are stupid. I realize there are also women that fit this category too but yes us fellas just dont think of what we're doing. We get the "grass is greener over there" syndrome and go on our merry way. And sometimes we make the WRONG choices lol. Like the old saying goes, plenty of fish in the sea! You have a great smile so Im sure it wont be long till another fish comes swimming by. Happy casting =)
  • teally13
    teally13 Posts: 30
    Options
    I hope you can use the situation as motivation rather than dwelling on it. You don't need someone like that in your life as they will only drag you down. Good luck :)
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    427543_375809985819613_933028264_n.jpg

hope this helps. his 'issues' are not your problem. he is probably afraid he will never make anything on himself and tried to put that on you!
    go for a run/ workout and the sweat will make that negativity slip right off you!
  • virgocoley
    Options
    yeah I can't wait to get in from work and do a work out - I've got a lot of frustration to burn. Thank you all for all of the support. It really means a lot. I am totally going to use this as my motivation to forget him and concentrate on turning my body into a temple - woo hoo xxx
  • rumandreason
    rumandreason Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You would have outgrown such a *kitten* anyway, so it's saved you the hassle of having to dump him. Enjoy your new start, think of all the extra time you'll have for yourself and your friends. It'll hurt for a couple of weeks but then you'll realise how free you feel. Keep pounding the pavements, try and imagine they're lined with his face. Every step you take is proving him wrong :) x
  • virgocoley
    Options
    You would have outgrown such a *kitten* anyway, so it's saved you the hassle of having to dump him. Enjoy your new start, think of all the extra time you'll have for yourself and your friends. It'll hurt for a couple of weeks but then you'll realise how free you feel. Keep pounding the pavements, try and imagine they're lined with his face. Every step you take is proving him wrong :) x

hehe - the part about pretending the pavement is his face made me laugh out loud.

the thing is everyone has told me all a long I can do better than him cos he is no oil painting. He owns a pub and i cannot wait to go in there in a couple of months having lost weight and got fit just to show him what he has lost - ooooooo now im excited xxx
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Well it sounds to me you lost a ton of weight just by having that guy out of your life! Please try not to let what he did and said influence what you are trying to achieve. He probably felt if you were trying to make yourself a better person then he would have to as well and he couldnt take that.

use this as a stepping stone going forward that you are a wonderful, beautiful woman and can do anything you set your mind to. Put you first. Then show the idiot what he lost.

Good luck to you on your journey.