what does your fridge look like??

Options
As I was putting away my groceries yesterday I realized that my fridge does not look anything like it did a year ago. The top shelf used to have Milk, coffee creamer ( the really bad kind):embarassed: and lots of stuff that was not good for me. Now the top shelf holds 32 bottles of water. :heart: I have half a shelf dedicated to fresh veggies and fruit including spinach, cherries, corn, mushrooms and squash. I have another shelf that is just protein drinks. Now, I'm not going to lie, I still keep whipped cream for a sweet tooth, but it is the low fat kind. Anyway, I look in there now and think....wow, this person eats healthy. :wink: What has changed in your fridge since you have started your journey? Pics welcome.

Replies

• ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    it's white, has a top freezer, glass shelves inside and a few drawers.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My fridge is kinda half-as*ed. I have a whole shelf dedicated to romaine lettuce, fruits, and veggies. One shelf is purely dedicated to Diet Coke and some condiments. Drawers are filled with deli meat and cheese. The bad shelves are filled with bad leftovers like hashbrown casserole, pasta, and pizza (which I don't touch). Then, the top shelf is milk, lemonade, and more condiments.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Right now it has various condiments, some booze that will just sit in there, a water-filter pitcher, Greek Yogurt, corn tortillas, shredded cheese, romaine lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, grape tomatoes and baby carrotts.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    mine has mostly dogfood. lol. i try to make a day or so in advance. one has to have her food made in a blender so I prepare it then add water. I have a few things in drawers though and few tupperware containers of food. lol.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    it's white, has a top freezer, glass shelves inside and a few drawers.

nice!! Mine is black with a water/ice machine on the front, and glass shelves. It has a nice textured outer too!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually pretty empty except for some fruits and veggies and water.
  • StilleNacht
    Options
    Top shelf: Cottage cheese, blackberry preserves, strawberries, blueberries, assorted yogurts.
    Bottom shelf: Almond milk, mushrooms, eggs, assorted leftovers, etc.
    Drawers: Green onions, vidalia onion, romaine lettuce, spinach, cherry tomatoes, sandwich meat, apples, cucumber
    Door: Salad dressing, egg whites, margarine, cooking wine.
    This is all from memory, though.
    I definitely eat waaaaaay better than I used to.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Short story: a mess.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Mines worn and beat up, crayon marks on it from the kids. caked in pictures and other misc. junk. Inside its pretty normal its got food and drinks in it. Oh and its white.
  • saramariebabyy
    Options
    yuck! mine is a mess! im one of the few in my family who eats healthy. theres tons of crap in there thats bad for just about everyone and then theres the shelf with all my favorites (fruits, veggies, eggs, lean meats) haha.
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My fridge is messier outside than inside as I have magnets and photos and all sorts of things hanging on the door. I'd buy a more styling color than off- white but you really can't see much of it anyway.

Inside we are paring down before we go travelling for a month so it is definitely not as crammed as usual. I hate wasting fresh produce but we still have a week before we go so I still need lots of veggies in there.

And cream--must have cream for me and my houseguests this weekend or the coffee just won't be the same.....
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This weeks eats

fridge.jpg
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    All healthful foods. I assure you I ate all the bad stuff within a few days of it arriving. I recently threw away some natural peanut butter because it was being consumed too quickly. If I don't buy it, I can't eat it as easily. I have to have self control at the grocery store cause I sure won't have it at home.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    thanks for making me think about this. My fridge looks a lot better than it use to as well. Let's see, I usually always have hard boiled eggs, humus, yogurt, fruit (this week it is plums, peaches, pears, apples, applesauce and watermelon), salad mix, milk, cheese sticks, cottage cheese, WW cheese wedges, water and tea. Wow, that seems impressive. Why aren't I thinner?
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Right now its a friggin mess and something smells pretty funky. I'm tinking cleaning it out might need o go on my to-do list tomorrow.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It's a disorganized mess, but filled with lots of fruits, veggies, dairy, and containers of leftovers. And condiments - the whole door is jammed with them. I have no idea why we have so many condiments in our house.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Cool post! I also used have flavored coffee creamer! No way now! There are things almost always in my fridge/freezer

1. Brita water filter. Nice choice over the 32 water bottles for the earth's sake :)
    2. Organic free range eggs (used to be the regular ones)
    3. Organic lactose free 2% milk liter (used to be a gallon of regular 2%, now I use it mostly just to add milk to my tea, still have cereal sometimes, but not nearly as much, trying to reduce dairy)
    4. Plain Greek yogurt non- fat (used to be regular plain)
    5. Amazing grass green superfood chocolate powder
    6. Corn tortillas (used to be wheat)
    7. Organic salsa
    8. Coconut water with no added sugar (instead of orange juice, or other juices)
    9. Frozen berry mix in freezer (rasberry, bluebery, blackberry)
    10. Chopped spinach, chopped bell peppers, other mixed veggies in freezer

No more deli meat, chocolate pudding, very rarely cheese :)
  • ddalpho
    ddalpho Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Right now it looks like condiment hell and is in need or a major gutting...Since I am single and live alone I do not keep alot of parishables on hand. I work for a big box store that has a grocery section so I tend to shop the european way and only get what I need for the next day...helps me avoid over eating...even if it's good stuff...it's a bad thing...lol
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Well I still live with my parents and siblings, so I don't go out and buy it, my mom is the one that does the shopping, I just tell her what I am running low on.

Got veggies in two drawers at the bottom. A box full of veggies just above it. Mushrooms next to it. More veggies, maybe a whole raw chicken there, pork loin, some cooked meats. Above that are usually a few spreads, yogurts, fruit. Above that are baked beans, spaghetti, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, some other crap that we haven't used for a while (I know... v.v). In the shelves I usually have a 2 litre bottle of water. There are other drinks for my brother and sister like sugar free lemonade, dandelion and burdock, some fruit juices. We've got Skimmed and Whole Milk. Yogurt drinks. Cheese's on the top.
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Top Shelf: Sugar free Jam (For my kidlet)
    Sugar free Jelly pots
    Fat Free Plain Yoghurt
    Brocco Shoots
    Free Range Eggs

Middle Shelf:
    Round lettuce
    Baby Spinach
    Crumbed Ham slices
    Courgettes
    Butter
    Mushrooms
    Light Mozzarella
    Light Babybels
    Parmesan

Bottom Shelf:
    Chicken Breast
    Beef mince
    2 % milk for the rest of my fam
    Skim milk for me
    Some flavored water (not mine)

Veggie drawer:
    Iceberg lettuce
    Red peppers
    Tomatoes

I know compared to most people this is an awful fridge, but for me, compared to a year ago it's pretty damn good. The most telling thing are the other cupboards where there are no sweets, crisps, instant noodles, jars of bolognese sauce, frozen pizzas etc.