Underwear with jogging shorts?

Options

Replies

• kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in the same boat as the OP, I wear the undies because I sweat A LOT! I will forever be envious of people who can got for quick jog on their lunch break or bicycle to work. Well, I guess I could do that but I doubt that anyone would be too thrilled with the big sweaty puddles I'd leave behind.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    I wear underwear under my Under Armour basketball shorts which I walk/jog in. I like my shorts long. I used to wear Under Armour compression shorts under my biking shorts, but not any more, because they have a large pad in the crouch. Too difficult to get back up :sad: after I have taken a pee break on my ride...at a restroom facility, of course.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Brooks running shorts with their built in liner. Super comfy!!!!! No need to wear unders with them.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    i only wear underwear/compression shorts under jogging shorts, same is true when I lift now. You only have to catch it between the barbell and you one time to not do that again

OUCH.png

Is all I have to say to that!
  • erinm2629
    erinm2629 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    LOL Im with you!!!!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I've tried it both ways... preference is with a good pair of boxer briefs. more supportive, keeps the shorts from riding up, etc etc.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    OK-so my next run will be without the unders and I will see how it goes. Always up for something new! :tongue:
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    As a bloke I wear briefs when I run to erm....hold things in place.

On long runs (10 miles+) I've gotten bad chaffing so I use seamless lycra running shorts. I wear these underneath my regular shorts as otherwise people would point and laugh and say mean things about my willy which would probably make me cry which in turn would ruin my pace. It's a guy thing.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Holy crap! I never thought to go running without panties on! Now that's going to be a new experience lol.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I do not. If I want to wear them again for whatever reason then I wear a thong but that rarely occurs. It's just one less thing to "distract" me while I run! haha
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    And wearing a THONG while running WOULDN'T be a distraction? Woahhhhh-baby.....
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

it would sure distract me if I saw someone jogging in a thong!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have worn underwear with them, but then I didn't... and it felt amazing. My ladybits were able to breathe. :laugh:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

it would sure distract me if I saw someone jogging in a thong!
    Distractions aren't always a bad thing.
  • applejuice3977
    Options
    Subject line pretty much says it all. Do you wear underwear with jogging shorts that have the liner built in?

my suggestion would be mens boxer briefs if you feel you want something. when i did cycling i loved them because no weggies. :)
  • dadeys1
    dadeys1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear (while running) and when I do it's usually something unusual", John Winger (Bill Murray) in Stripes (1981)
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    i only wear underwear/compression shorts under jogging shorts, same is true when I lift now. You only have to catch it between the barbell and you one time to not do that again

People on the train are looking at me strangely as I literally laugh out loud. Almost as good as when I asked my brother if it's normal to work your biceps so much you can't straighten your arms later and he told me about the time he worked his triceps so hard that they gave out and he smashed himself in the face with a water bottle. Thank you for one more story to pick up my mood when I do something like thinking I can do one more pushup and face planting instead ;)

ETA: on the original subject, I only have ones with bathing suit type liners which I cut out and wear underwear instead. Now I kind of want the compression lined ones though :)
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I seem to be the odd one out, but I cannot ever go without underwear - it feels gross to me. I also still have too much lower belly hanging from 5 hernia repairs a number of years ago that I HAVE to wear tighter undies when I run so that I'm not in pain. I even wear them under my Under Armour compression shorts.
  • bethob2003
    Options
    nope
  • bethob2003
    Options
    but to be fair, I am a rogue,,, I don't wear a sports bra either..