Underwear with jogging shorts?

Options

Replies

• rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I usually do. I guess tomorrow's run will be an adventure for me. Not sure yet if I would prefer freedom over support.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    but to be fair, I am a rogue,,, I don't wear a sports bra either..

NO BRA?!?!!?:noway: My girls would be screaming at me the WHOLE time! (Plus the other runners would definitely get a show!) Heck-I not only wear a sports bra but also the sports tank with the built in bra! Tried running once in just the sports bra and a t-shirt and that will never happen again! I am so jealous of those that can wear the lightest weight thing possible.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I just got a nasty heat rash with a red line right where my underwear was cutting into the fold at my upper thigh. So this is a good reason to not wear it. I have been putting medicated Gold Bond powder on it, but it's a lesson learned. :wink:
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Nope, never!!!!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options

NO BRA?!?!!?:noway: My girls would be screaming at me the WHOLE time! (Plus the other runners would definitely get a show!) Heck-I not only wear a sports bra but also the sports tank with the built in bra! Tried running once in just the sports bra and a t-shirt and that will never happen again! I am so jealous of those that can wear the lightest weight thing possible.

I'm with you on this. I wear a sport's bra and a tank with a built in bra. I was to the point where I wanted to tape my girls down.

I wear undies with my running shorts. I have tried to go without them, but it makes me subconscious and ruins my pace.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    Team Commando
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Yes, nice comfy cotton ones. Otherwise I feel unclean (no offense mean to anyone who doesn't, it's just a personal thing)
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I sweat a LOT so I do wear underwear with running shorts.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

This!! There would be bruising if I ever tried that!
  • Hayley189
    Hayley189 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I always wear underwear. Also a sports bra AND a very tight crop. They bounce!
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    No, its just extra washing. Also taking off sweaty underwear is a horrible experience.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Team Commando.

You should create a group named after this.
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes, always. And I have shorts with the liner. It never occurred to me that the liner was there to replace underwear. hmmmm
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    And I am not supposed to wear underwear under compression shorts? Really? That seems creepy to me. What if I wear compression shorts alone, with no other shorts over them? Mine don't have a separate liner built in.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I did my run today WITHOUT undies, just the panty liner in the running shorts. Felt weird at first and kinda got a wedgie the first mile, but after that I didn't even notice! AND once i got home I did some garden maintenance that I have been neglecting since it has been so hot and there was a slight breeze that really felt kinda good! :wink: SOOOO....I guess from now on, I am a commando kinda lady!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Of course not. That's want the sewn in underwear are for
  • plum1000
    plum1000 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm a guy, so there are other challenges I face. But the running shorts with the liner are all that's needed to run. The legs on my Nike's are wide for those large-stride runners, but they also reveal more if you don't have a liner. Some guys cut off the liner, but those are the ones who actually want to show. My Nike's have the liner intact, and I have the 7" style inseam so I can use them for just about any activity, including swimming, biking, gym aerobic/Pilates/Yoga/Zumba classes, as well as just wear them to the mall or to a department store. They are meant to be worn and washed. If you wear underwear with them, as long as you don't get too hot, I imagine that you can wear them more than once before washing. I wash my clothes after every workout or exercise session so I don't have to deal with soiled clothes. This includes when I am traveling, and the running shorts (with one zippered pocket in the back), can be washed in the sink, squeezed in a towel, and dries nearly overnight.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    yes I do.
  • plum1000
    plum1000 Posts: 11
    Options
    There are compression shorts that act as underwear, no draw strings and no gathered material over the elastic at the waist. They are shorts. There are other compressions that are really compression underwear with no drawstring and with exposed elastic at the waist. The are really underwear and should be used as a first-layer undergarment. Of course, people can wear clothes in whatever manner they want nowadays, but I attempt to follow some presumed "norms".
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    wwwoooowwww yes!
    i wouldnt dare not wear any!