BLACK TEAM-New Year and opening to new Members

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    OHH I forgot.........Newbies........Andrew will post a list so we will know who is who. When this list comes out I will befriend each and every one of you. At this time, please send me a friend request and I will accept.

Ok, back to the regularly scheduled programming........:laugh:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    good morning black team! well, i got all ready to head to the Y this morning, and of course the school bus showed up late, so now i'm waiting to go to the 9:30 class. i've only been once and it kicked my butt pretty good. yikes...hopefully it won't be too crowded...maybe the icy roads will keep them away. anyway, have a good monday!!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Good morning everyone and thanks for the welcome :flowerforyou:

My new year is starting today and so far...all is well...water bottle in hand, healthy breakfast has been eaten, fruit for my morning snack, a small lunch before heading to the gym this afternoon for some cardio!!! :smile:

Andrew...thank you for the inspiring words...I have followed your story and read a variety of your posts. Honestly, it's why I joined this team :flowerforyou:

Hoping each of you have a magnificent Monday!!! :heart:
  • meljones
    meljones Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Black team! New to FP, and would love to join your team. I have watched Biggest Loser for many seasons and think this group is a wonderful idea. I have dieted many times over the last 10 years, but never with any lasting success. I hope this time with reaching out for some support I might have some luck! What all do I need to do to join in on the fun??
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    It is Monday so I work today and school starts back up, not looking forward to it at all. I must get busy!

Welcome, all the new faces, glad you are here! :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Just like Jeannie, I am waiting for the list (likely to come out on Weds as weights come in) to befriend the new folks, but I would be happy to accept any friend notices that come in for me. This is a great team, with much experience and great enthusiasm - just what I need to get my butt back in gear.

<<<<Hugs>>>> to Marla and Amanda - you ladies are awesome and your kids will be better for your efforts - - someday...

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Waters for all my friends...

Janie
  • janiebeth
    Options
    ps, working on an actual picture of me...

I am not really a blue parakeet or a zombie cat...

Although, since this is the first day back to work/school after a long Christmas break - I feel most like the zombie cat.
  • Giggles27
    Giggles27 Posts: 139
    Options
    HI.
  • Giggles27
    Giggles27 Posts: 139
    Options
    Hi. My name is Anu, can I join this group as well. I started MFO in OCT but then gave up and now I am back again. This is what I need. Please help.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi Black team! New to FP, and would love to join your team. I have watched Biggest Loser for many seasons and think this group is a wonderful idea. I have dieted many times over the last 10 years, but never with any lasting success. I hope this time with reaching out for some support I might have some luck! What all do I need to do to join in on the fun??

I know that the only thing different this time around is support. When the fam damily is tired of hearing about nutrient ratios or calories burned at the gym, I can always count on SOMEone here to give me a WOOT WOOT!

Welcome!

Jeannie
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was wondering if I could join your team? :) I started MFP a while ago..lost 25 lbs..then got off track and gained 10 back...I am recommitting myself starting today and would love the positive reinforcement your group seems to have! Thank you :)

Courtney
  • musicmom04
    Options
    ok so i'm back from the Y. i got there at only to find out they've changed the 9:30 step class to strength training. don't get me wrong, i could really use some good strength training, but i really wanted my cardio so i could burn as many calories as possible in the 1 hour i have ds in childwatch. i decided to get on the treadmill and get back into the c25k. i think i'm on week 4 or 5. it felt good to get it done, but i burned less than 400 cals, when i usually burn over 600 in class. :grumble: oh well, i'll just have to try to make it by 8:30 from now on. ok time to get some cleaning done before lunchtime.
  • musicmom04
    Options
    Oh, and Welcome to meljones, anu, and courtney! :flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning to my Black Team! (Can I still call you guys mine?)

Yup, its me...back again (Thank you to Marla for sending a post to me to remind me that you guys are still here!)

Well, I want to be in and stay IN...I have to admit that I have fallen off track a bit. I would say its all due to the holidays, but in being honest with myself...I was just feeling in a rut, feeling burnt out. I was diligently doing 6 days a week at the gym for cardio and throwing in 3-4 days a week of strength training and although I was loving the results, I was beginning to feel like it was a dreaded "chore". So, a friend of mine that is very educated in nutrition and exercise told me to take some time off. I did that. At first I took about 5 days off from the gym, but not with eating right. I continued to eat like I have grown accustomed to in the last 15 mos and I did ok. I went back to the gym after my 5 day "vacation" and felt like I was starting all over again! I mean really, I couldnt do what I had been doing before I left. Well that just served to make me feel worse. I felt like a failure, a disappointment to myself. So what did I do? I stopped going to the gym again and used the holidays as my excuse.

Now its been about 2 weeks (maybe a little more?) since Ive went to the gym or had any type of structured exercise. I totally went back to my crappy way of eating over the holidays. Im really feeling the effects of that.

So here I am Black Team. Im down on my knees asking to PLEASE let me join back up. I seriously need to snap out of this funk that Im in and get back on track! I have come so far and done soooo many amazing things that I never thought I could do and I refuse to go down like this lol.

I havent changed my ticker yet, I will wait for the official weigh in day on Weds, but I fully expect it to be about a 5-8 lb change:ohwell: Anyway, I am back. Isnt that what counts right now?:glasses:

P.S. I am making my way back to the gym this morning...this time without the ridiculous expectations on myself of being able to just pick right up where I left off....

Thanks in advance for accepting me back! (Im hoping for the same open arms you gave Janie here......:wink: )

Take care all...and Happy 2010 to everyone!:drinker:

~Roni
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Roni,

Look at that picture, girl!!! You are my inspiration!!

Big hugs and totally open arms for you.. ((((( HUGS )))))

Welcome back.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,925 Member
    Options
    Happy 2010 Black Team - Rolled my sorry self out of bed this morning and made it to work after a much appreciated week and a half off.

Our Triathlon starts Wednesday the 6th. I was bummed because I thought it started today. Can't wait to get going! Not only did I fall off of the wagon, but it was doing spin outs on top of me. But, I'm back at work. Made a promise to DH to not spend money in the cafeteria so I can only eat what I have for b'fast, lunch and snack. No whining about it either. I'm up about 3 lbs from before Christmas. Sodium out the wazoo, TOM, sweets, sweets and more sweets. I'm not worried. I will do this.

Cheers to us!

Welcome to all of the new members. I started reading the posts, got to page 2 but need to get busy with work again! I will get caught up and see if we've had a challenge going or not.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I don't know, Roni-- call it a gut feeling, but I just had a sense that you needed a shout-out-- praise God--

You're here-- you're back-- you're with us-- and we'll see you through.

We're all in the same boat, my peeps-- let's start rowing!!!
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    Ok, i just weighed. my first real weight for a month now. I am planning on weighing every week now and I will weigh again on wednesday morning. Today the scales at the Y said an awful 212. I have about 70 pounds to go to get to my healthy goal weight. I know I can do this and stick with it once and for all this time. Only healthy choices from now on.
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Roni,

Look at that picture, girl!!! You are my inspiration!!

Big hugs and totally open arms for you.. ((((( HUGS )))))

Welcome back.

Thank you!! You just made my day:wink:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    I don't know, Roni-- call it a gut feeling, but I just had a sense that you needed a shout-out-- praise God--

You're here-- you're back-- you're with us-- and we'll see you through.

We're all in the same boat, my peeps-- let's start rowing!!!

Marla, Marla, Marla. What can I say? Your terrific, and you have no idea just how much I needed that shout out:flowerforyou: Thank you again my friend:heart: