What don't you log?

2»

Replies

• ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    A lot of people don't log cleaning as housework.. but I guess it depends on the person.
    I wear a HRM, and in 2 hours of cleaning, I burn more 2ce as many calories than any of my P90X workouts....
    So your DAMN straight I'm going to log it if I feel like it :)
    That being said.... I get extra exercise in also everyday, not including cleaning. If your not sitting on your *kitten* watching TV, and you are up doing things, it all goes into your daily burn. Just my opinion. :)
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Mom says anything you do above and beyond your normal daily routine is exercise. :)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    I've started biking and walking everywhere this summer, but I don't log it. I've been doing it to save money (I don't have a car so I rely on public transit usually) rather than for health reasons, but I have noticed that I've lost more weight than usual over the past few weeks. I also exercise daily, but that I log.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Even though I drink about 100 fl oz of water a day. I usually don't log it.
  • Cleaning and anything in my normal daily routine.
  • amatiq
    amatiq Posts: 18 Member
    If I'm hauling major laundry up and down my three flights of stairs, I log that. I don't log running a load down a few times a day. When I did heavy carpet cleaning, I logged that. I don't log sweeping or mopping. Picked a few weeds-no. Turned over a whole section of garden with heavy compost-yes.
    I don't log these things to be able to eat the calories back, but to remind myself that those things are great for me and burn lots of calories.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    I log intentional exercise, so only bike rides and weight-lifting. I have zero desire to keep my HRM on 24x7.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    I never log my exercise
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    I don't log water intake, and I don't log any activity where I am not wearing my HRM (unless it's an oversight, but in that case I'd have to specifically be going for a workout). Also, I do not log, um, intimate time with my husband (I know MFP won't let me use the three-letter S word).
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    I log when I intentionally do something for exercise and wearing my HRM. If i'm not wearing it, I don't log it (unless it was alot)
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    I haven't really been logging exercise...I know I could log some things (I spend a lot of time scrubbing, food prep) that involve movement but not as much walking so my fitbit doesn't really know about it, but I don't bother. I do exercises that the fitbit might not give me enough credit for, because it only knows Im moving when I zumba, it doesn't know Im moving my arms and such. But I don't bother logging that stuff. I don't want to be tempted by "earned calories". I'm having little enough progress as it is. And I feel like the exercise I get in makes up for the sedentary time that I have built into my life (such as feeding the baby). I also do not put in anything for breastfeeding, which burns calories on its own.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    I don't log "life". Walk around an amusement park for 8 hours with my kid? I don't log it. Walked up to the 7th floor at work instead of the taking the elevator? I don't log it. Received a package? I don't log it. 1 mile walk each way to the nearest Subway from my office? I don't log it.

I log all my food, but I only log exercise that I took on for the purpose of actually doing exercise. Anything else I would seems like I'm just trying to hit a number to justify my calorie intake.
  • mondesa
    mondesa Posts: 61 Member
    I only log calories burned when I am intentionally exercising. I have my activity level set to sedentary because I sit at a desk most of my day, but i do not log the 10 minute walk to the bathroom 5 plus times a day or the random exersices (squats calf raises) i may do to get the blood flowing. I dont believe cleaning is an exercise on a regular basis however if i do a "spring cleaning" walls floors carpets moving furniture ect i will sometimes add that and when the pool gets a good cleaning scrubbing tile and brushing all the walls i occassionally log it if i feel the need. but i NEVER eat back my calories and it works for me so i am sticking to it. Sometimes it just feels good to see the numbers
  • bradensmom14
    bradensmom14 Posts: 7 Member
    I log cleaning, but only because I do it all day as part of my job. I'm not just tidyin up around my house. I'm scrubbing, vaccuuming, ect for hours at a time. But, I only log about a quarter of the hours I actually clean.