I got her number!

Options
OK, so here's the background....

I got dumped last week - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/684567-i-got-dumped-last-night

I decided that I didn't want to get all depressed about it - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/685925-i-refuse-to-sit-around-and-be-depressed

so, to begin my recovery, I made up my mind that I am going to be a flirt and just have some fun with life. I am not looking for anything serious, but I can't let potential new friends and/or dates pass me by just because I was dumped. Going to live my life.

Plus I haven't had a chance to test-drive my confidence since I got my new, thinner body.

Monday night, I was at a Reds game, hosting a party in our company's suite. Around the 8th inning, two women showed up to the suite (friends of people we were hosting, it was cool). They were very cool, but one in particular was extra cool. We chatted for a couple of innings, and when it was time to go, I wanted to talk longer...but didn't pull the trigger on asking her out. Seriously, slow down, Jeff - you're having fun, no hurries here.

On Tuesday, I contacted one of the people that knew her. Mentioned a casual interest and how I'd like to hang out with her again.

Yesterday, my friend came up to me with a piece of paper - on it was a phone number. She had told her friend to give her number to me.

Boom.

I'm going to call her sometime today and see if she wants to go out.

Don't worry, I'm not out of control. I just want to have fun instead of sitting in my apartment and moping. I don't even mind if this turns out to be friends-only. I'm just getting back up on my feet sooner this time.

Jeff

Replies

• dmg4867
    dmg4867 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lol good job man - just pray she doesn't use MFP and see you bragging about her ;-)
  • tlroesch72
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Way to go, man!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    HIGH FIVE, THAT"S NICE! :bigsmile:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    NICE!!!!! :glasses:
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Ah Life's little surprises, aren't they wonderful when they are unexpected
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Awesome - go out for a date and have a good time! Life is too short to live with regrets. Good things fall apart, so better things can fall together.
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    Awesome! Good luck :)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Awesome - go out for a date and have a good time! Life is too short to live with regrets. Good things fall apart, so better things can fall together.

I was actually going to say this in my post, weird. Did you read about the director and kristen stewart cheating thing. That's what his wife said and that's where I got it from.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Wow great... you also got responses on the forum better make another forum post about getting all those comments.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Life is too short! Enjoy!
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Super happy for you! Have a great time!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!!! Now go have fun!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    THAT'S AWESOME!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Aww yay! Congrats!
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!! See, you have to take chances in life!!!! Good for you I hope it all works out great!!!!!
  • JeffInBuckeyeNation
    JeffInBuckeyeNation Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow great... you also got responses on the forum better make another forum post about getting all those comments.

Ah, sarcasm. Lovely. I always wanted to know how to use "ignore user". Here's my chance.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

Ah, sarcasm. Lovely. I always wanted to know how to use "ignore user". Here's my chance.

+1: awesome reply!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Good for you!!! Good luck on your date :flowerforyou: