DUE TO THE CREEP ON FRIDAY NIGHT...

Options
beep
beep Posts: 1,242 Member
Due to the creep who was on here Friday night, I would suggest.... mind you, this is a suggestion... that everyone use the new feature Mike put on here to change your user name (possible only one time) to not reflect your real name in any form. I would also suggest that we just use peoples initials instead of their names when replying, or use their call name.

I know I'm probably being a tad paranoid, but it did creep me out quite a bit.

Replies

• beep
    Options
    Due to the creep who was on here Friday night, I would suggest.... mind you, this is a suggestion... that everyone use the new feature Mike put on here to change your user name (possible only one time) to not reflect your real name in any form. I would also suggest that we just use peoples initials instead of their names when replying, or use their call name.

I know I'm probably being a tad paranoid, but it did creep me out quite a bit.
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    What happened?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    What happened????? I have not been on here since Friday morning... Please let me know...
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    what creep? what happened?
  • beep
    Options
    Everyone on Friday night was treated to the most disgusting picture I've ever seen. The guy delighted himself by posting his disgusting picture on every message board, and no one was available moderating to take it off so it was there all evening.
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Everyone on Friday night was treated to the most disgusting picture I've ever seen. The guy delighted himself by posting his disgusting picture on every message board, and no one was available moderating to take it off so it was there all evening.

Quite a pig I must say.:angry:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    the odd thing was that he apologized after seeing the response he got. Most guys with the gall to harass people don't generally feel sorry for what they are doing.
    It was definitely frat boy humor that did NOT humor us.
  • hideandseek
    hideandseek Posts: 47
    Options
    Well maybe it's just me but what does his posting gross pictures have to do with knowing people's identities?
  • hideandseek
    Options
    Also, was the picture a picture of a guy stretching his buttocks out or something akin to that? Ah, the boys of 4chan and their humour... 4chan is basically the disgusting, dark alley of the internet.
  • beep
    Options
    It just reminded me of the vulnerability one exposes themselves to when they post too much information about themselves on the internet. There are many women on here with names, children's pictures, and their city and state noted on their profile. Just thinking we need to be a tad more careful. Probably being paranoid.
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It just reminded me of the vulnerability one exposes themselves to when they post too much information about themselves on the internet. There are many women on here with names, children's pictures, and their city and state noted on their profile. Just thinking we need to be a tad more careful. Probably being paranoid.

Not being paranoid. When I first got on here, my son pointed out the city, state, user name thing... so I changed my username & only have my state listed on the profile.
  • hideandseek
    Options
    I wonder how he even found this site... but as I asked, was the picture a picture of a guy stretching his buttocks? I can't believe I said buttocks. Anyway, that's a pretty popular "shock" picture, hence my asking.
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Beep, I appreciate your concern and have actually been thinking about that lately! So I have changed my username, but I don't want you all to be confused! It's still the same old me! :)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    It probably won't be the last time it happens, but Mike seemed pretty open to having more mods on the site. (This place rocks btw, Mike!!!)

Gotta keep this site as uplifting/supportive as possible! :drinker: :happy:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I wasn't on here at that time. Thanks for the heads up. I tend to be paranoid too, that's why I don't post my pic on my site. Now I only have my state and not town or zip on my profile.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I wasn't on but took your advice....besides I like this name anyway. :laugh: Wasn't around for the drama on Friday
  • beep
    Options
    I wonder how he even found this site... but as I asked, was the picture a picture of a guy stretching his buttocks? I can't believe I said buttocks. Anyway, that's a pretty popular "shock" picture, hence my asking.

Not exactly, it was worse. I don't really want to describe it. That I could have handled better.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Sick! He posted a pic of his A-hole?!?!?! I guess he was just showing off what he truly was!!! Haha! :laugh:

Nevermind... I should have read the posts more thoroughly... Oops! That would be sick anyway! :noway:
  • beep
    Options
    No, it was worse than that.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I know the picture without even having to look it up. Its a picture of a man with a distended *kitten*... thats about all I'll say.
    It sounds like someone was just griefing the site - I wouldn't worry too much about personal safety etc from that sort of prankster. It was most likely a young netsavvy teenager with some spare time and no life.

I know... I was one at one time :blushing: