Maybe this is a weird question but....

Options
ilovemybuggy
ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
Has anyone who has had a decent amount of weight loss had their feet shrink?? I'm just wondering b/c a friend of mine had the Gastric Bypass last year and she lost over 100 lbs and now her feet are almost two sizes smaller...as a girl with rather large feet *pretty tall* i'm kind of hoping for the same results!!

:laugh:

Replies

• gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yep--it does happen. When I lost a large amount of weight (many years ago and it's crept back on--that's why I'm here!) I lost a whole size and I am short--only 5'1"
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Oh I wish mine would shrink, its so hard to find size 12 shoes for women... Some brands are nice to me and let me wear an 11! :)
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I suppose it could happen. I don't know about my feet but my fingers have lost weight! I've had to resize my ring once and now I'm to the point of needing it resized once again. I feel like if fingers can lose weight then toes probably can too. I suppose ankles could also.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    There are no weird questions on MFP.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I suppose it could happen. I don't know about my feet but my fingers have lost weight! I've had to resize my ring once and now I'm to the point of needing it resized once again. I feel like if fingers can lose weight then toes probably can too. I suppose ankles could also.

That would be nice too!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

Good to know :)
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options

I've seen a few that would make me beg to differ :) This one, however, not on the weird side! My friend has this issue, whenever she gains/loses weight, it always shows in her feet first!
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love my cowboy boots, i bought a new pair last year size 14 wide and had to buy a new pair a couple of months ago bk those where way to big.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I'VE ALWAYS had chubby fingers and toes...but I swear my feet have grown almost 2 sizes in the last two years *since having my son and puting on a lot of weight* and I want them to go back! Steph i'm right there with you (11.5 wide) ick.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I love my cowboy boots, i bought a new pair last year size 14 wide and had to buy a new pair a couple of months ago bk those where way to big.

I love a man IN cowboy boots. So hot!
  • confettibetti
    Options

That would be nice too!

fingers can definitely get skinny! mine went from a 10 on ring finger to an 8! :)
  • confettibetti
    Options
    I'VE ALWAYS had chubby fingers and toes...but I swear my feet have grown almost 2 sizes in the last two years *since having my son and puting on a lot of weight* and I want them to go back! Steph i'm right there with you (11.5 wide) ick.

I so feel your pain love, mine are long and skinny but still HUGE! I have boats for feet!
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Mine didn't I was 315 starting out went all the way down to 155 lbs... and my shoe size stayed the same.. size 11 in womens :(
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Mine didn't I was 315 starting out went all the way down to 155 lbs... and my shoe size stayed the same.. size 11 in womens :(

:( I hope mine doesn't stay the same...they def got bigger when I gained- so i'm hoping for them to get smaller when I lose.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I went down a shoe size.
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh I wish mine would shrink, its so hard to find size 12 shoes for women... Some brands are nice to me and let me wear an 11! :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I have the same problem- I can squeeze my feet into some 11w- but mostly 12s. Bleh. I cant wait... I want my feet to shrink veritably much.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Yep! I went from an 8.5W/9 down to a regular 8 or 8.5 (depending on the shoe). Very weird... and kind of costly. I knew I would need to replace my clothes, not my shoes! :laugh:
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Yep! I went from an 8.5W/9 down to a regular 8 or 8.5 (depending on the shoe). Very weird... and kind of costly. I knew I would need to replace my clothes, not my shoes! :laugh:

This is true- HOWEVER, I look fwd to replacing all of the above...my bank account doesn't....but I do!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Yes, you gained weight in your feet and you will lose weight in your feet. As well as in your hands. Hands likely faster, gravity being what it is, and you may not go all the way back to the size you started at.
  • Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    <
    Here ya go :tongue:

I love a man IN cowboy boots. So hot!

These are a little too big now though :grumble: