Measure! My 5 month progress

Options
kympow
kympow Posts: 145 Member
This is copied from my blog, but in hopes it could motivate someone else I am posting it here as well.

I am sooo glad I am keeping my measurements! If you have not yet measured... I highly suggest it, even if you are midway through your journey... when the scale does't move...usually the inches do when the scale doesn't.

So my numbers:

Weight is down 42.6 pounds

Forearm is down 2 inches

bi cep is down 2 inches (got some batwings--just less)

waist is down 4.5 inches

Hips is down 2.5 inches

Thigh is down 3 inch

Calf is down 0.5 inch

neck is down 1 inch

Chest is down 2 inches

ribs is down 6 inches

That is a total of 12.5 inches and 42.6 pounds!

Started my health eating on march 3rd. I usually eat around 1,530 calories per day. I take a free food day only if I have been good on my diet for the 6 following days. I eat up to 450 calories per meal and I don't eat for 3 hours after a meal. I have not exercised at all yet (recovering my knee surgery) and prior to the surgery was to sore to exercise (knee injury started in November).

I have 133 pound to go where I want to be. But will be happy if I make it 107 pounds gone... It just depends where my body falls to.

Once I reach close (within 10 pounds) of where I want to be then I will have another surgery to correct a physical problem.

My health as soooo improved! I am a type 2 diabetic (who is off my insulin and a oral pill, I have high blood pressure (off one of 2 pills for that), having had thyroid cancer last year...my weight change has allowed me to lower my thyroid medication :), high cholesterol is in a great range-- just working on my health cholesterol which is low by a few points.

Currently take 4 pills per day(I will always have at least 1 pill)

Highest daily amount was 11 pills per day.

:heart: Looking forward to the next 5-6 months and the changes that happens :):heart:

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • missyKsmith69
    missyKsmith69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that and it's wonderful news...your truly an inspiration ; ):flowerforyou:
  • NIkkiNice28
    Options
    Good Job!!
  • kympow
    Options
    Thank you ladies :)
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Measurements are so important because the scale can be tempermental lol
  • kympow
    Options
    Way to go!! Measurements are so important because the scale can be tempermental lol

Thank you and Absolutely!!!
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Hope I can lose some serious inches off mah waist!
  • reddevil29
    reddevil29 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Your rockin this new lifestyle Kym....!!
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing.
  • kympow
    Options
    Thank you everyone so much! I have a goal.... and in just 8 pounds I will be less then what I was in high school.
    I am trying to be a good "food" role model to my kids (they actually like veggies who knew :))...
    I would not be as far today as what I am without my awesome MFP friends. When I am down you bring me up ;) The support here has been amazing....

We each have it in us, we each can be successful :) with each other!
  • Dallingmomma
    Options
    WAY TO GO! THAT'S AWESOME!
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS ON REGAINING CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE!!! GLAD YOU ARE GETTING HEALTHY! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!