What Am I Doing Wrong !!!!

Options
Basically I've Been On A Diet For 8 Weeks (4 Weeks On My MFP) & I Have Been Exercising But Im Not Losing Any Weight Not Even 1pound I Don't Get What I'm Doing Wrong My Eating And Excercise Has Changed So Much Compared To A Few Months Ago , Do Any Of You Know What I'm Doing Wrong ??

Replies

• sempertracy
    sempertracy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you are muscular you won't see the scale move as much now but your measurements will show results. Have you taken your measurements?
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Not a clue since your profile and diary aren't viewable.
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    This! :ohwell:

What are you eating? Are you measuring or guessing? Are you using a heart rate monitor for exercise or using MFP calories burned (which are way off for me)? How much do you currently weigh and how much do you want to lose? How old are you?

Could be a lot of reasons.....
  • ChelseaCousins
    Options
    Ahh Right & Yeah But I've Only Took Them Today.
  • ChelseaCousins
    Options

Ohh I've Made My Diary Public.
  • kittyhasclaws
    Options
    Okay, you're getting in basically no raw fruit or veggies. Skip the juice and switch in real fruit instead- the fiber will help a lot. It would be a really good idea to track your sodium instead of vitamin C, and track fiber too. You need a lot more vegetables, less carbs from bad sources (like white bread and pizza dough), and less ready-made foods if you can. If you track your sodium, you'll probably be grossed out by just how much salt is in all those ready-made foods. And sodium is a BIG factor in retaining water, which means no movement on the scale.
  • ChelseaCousins
    Options

What are you eating? Are you measuring or guessing? Are you using a heart rate monitor for exercise or using MFP calories burned (which are way off for me)? How much do you currently weigh and how much do you want to lose? How old are you?

Nope I'm Not Guessing And Yeah I'm Using MFP & I'm 20 And My Weight Is 198.4 I'm 4'5" And I'm Trying To First Get To 154, 140 & Then 133.
  • kittyhasclaws
    Options

Nope I'm Not Guessing And Yeah I'm Using MFP & I'm 20 And My Weight Is 198.4 I'm 4'5" And I'm Trying To First Get To 154, 140 & Then 133.

I hope you meant 5'4"! Start measuring things. It gives you a perspective on just how much you really are eating.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary - you're logging HUGE calorie burns! What type of exercises are you doing? Do you wear a HRM (heart rate monitor) to get a more accurate idea of the cals you burn through exercise?

You need more fresh fruits and veggies!!

And your protein intake is very low. More protein!
  • ChelseaCousins
    Options
    Okay, you're getting in basically no raw fruit or veggies. Skip the juice and switch in real fruit instead- the fiber will help a lot. It would be a really good idea to track your sodium instead of vitamin C, and track fiber too. You need a lot more vegetables, less carbs from bad sources (like white bread and pizza dough), and less ready-made foods if you can. If you track your sodium, you'll probably be grossed out by just how much salt is in all those ready-made foods. And sodium is a BIG factor in retaining water, which means no movement on the scale.

Thanks I'll Try That & I'm Only Drinking Orange Juice In The Morning Because I Don't Know What To Drink As I Use To Drink Pepsi & Cola.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I would say skip the juice and eat fruit instead and stop eating out and eating so many prepared foods. I know it's hard at first but it's really not good for you.

Eat more fruits and vegetables!!!!!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    How is it possible you did situps for an hour and burned 711 calories?
  • ChelseaCousins
    Options
    Nope I Am 4'5

I Do Walking , Sit Ups , Wii & My Stepper , Nope I Just Time Myself & Put How Long I Done It For.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Nope I Am 4'5

I Do Walking , Sit Ups , Wii & My Stepper , Nope I Just Time Myself & Put How Long I Done It For.

I would guess your calories burns are not as high as you're estimating. I would invest in a HRM if you can afford it. If not (and I rarely say this but) you probably DON"T want to eat back all your exercise calories. Also more protein, fruits and veggies!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with those who are saying to eat more whole foods and keep the prepared stuff for occasional meals. For myself, I usually only eat back about one third to one half of my calories back due to MFP over-estimating them. My diary is open if you would like to look at it. I'm definitely not perfect, but I do stick with mostly fresh foods. Good luck. You'll figure it out. just don't give up. :flowerforyou:
  • ChelseaCousins
    Options
    Nope I Am 4'5

I would guess your calories burns are not as high as you're estimating. I would invest in a HRM if you can afford it. If not (and I rarely say this but) you probably DON"T want to eat back all your exercise calories. Also more protein, fruits and veggies!

Okay I'll Do That Then Thanks.
  • ChelseaCousins
    Options
    I have to agree with those who are saying to eat more whole foods and keep the prepared stuff for occasional meals. For myself, I usually only eat back about one third to one half of my calories back due to MFP over-estimating them. My diary is open if you would like to look at it. I'm definitely not perfect, but I do stick with mostly fresh foods. Good luck. You'll figure it out. just don't give up. :flowerforyou:

Thanks For Your & I'll Have A Look At Your Diary Too :)
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Nope I Am 4'5

Cardio 3x a week, weights 3x a week (not some dinky 3lb weights either), tighten up your diet and make sure your food is correct. If you want to lose weight you need to stop just walking and cleaning house and expect results especially considering some days you are ingesting 2000k plus calories. That will get you no where fast.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

Thanks For Your & I'll Have A Look At Your Diary Too :)

This is not true. Its calories in and calories out, I don't eat "whole or clean foods" and since you are not really "exercising" just the ocasional walk you need to get moving.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Basically I've Been On A Diet For 8 Weeks (4 Weeks On My MFP) & I Have Been Exercising But Im Not Losing Any Weight Not Even 1pound I Don't Get What I'm Doing Wrong My Eating And Excercise Has Changed So Much Compared To A Few Months Ago , Do Any Of You Know What I'm Doing Wrong ??

You took the words right out of my mouth....im feeling the EXACT way you are. My clothes are even tighter! WTF?!?!?!!