Did/Does your SO doubt you success? but lost it anyway?

Options
I feel like my SO doubts I will ever lose this weight.
I lost 30 pounds by myself before I met him ...after that my routine changed . When I tell him I'm capable of losing the weight I just have to get back on track ..it seems like he just dont really believe me..

Has anyone lost the weight being with a SO who didnot really believe them..
How did they react once you lost the weight?

Replies

• sarahg2290
    sarahg2290 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes! My boyfriend has never told me he doesn't believe I can get in shape...but I feel that way. He is great at motivating me to be active by going on bike rides with him or eating healthy, but I just think he doubts I can stick with it. I can't really blame him because I have tried so many times and gone right back to where I started :ohwell: Luckily he loves me exactly the way (and size) I am right now...but I sure would like him to say something like "you can do it! I believe in you!!"

Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way...
  • bellesmama75
    Options
    My husband of 37 years doesn't believe me either. I've already lost over 30 lbs and just recently joined a gym with my best friend and him. He keeps telling me that he will be really mad at me if I quit, yet I have been to the gym 50% more than him and my workouts are twice as long as his. I even hired a trainer for 10 one hour sessions to get me started. So he calls me today and says that he is going to miss Monday at the gym to take his dog to the vet (thats ok for him), but when I said that I was going to miss my first workout in over a month he got mad.
  • Afterblue
    Afterblue Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My husband finds this entire thing HILARIOUS. He especially likes mocking the instructors on my workout tapes.

I smacked him a couple of times, and now he doesn't laugh openly.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Uhhh no. My SO completely supports me and believes I can do pretty much anything I commit myself to. I think he believes in me more than I believe in myself most of the time.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I just want to point out that the first two post say that you guys, "feel" like he doesn't believe you can do it. You both go on to say, what sounds a lot like your own self doubt. Obviously, we don't know these guys and you have only told us what you think they are thinking. Have you asked them? If they say yes, then I just don't know what to say.

On another point, there is NO WAY in this world I would ever be with a man that didn't believe I was capable of everything and anything. Or when I was showing moments of self doubt was there to boost me up no matter how insurmountable the task may be or seem. Good grief, that's what a partner is.