minnesota anyone?

Options

Replies

• ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Central MN (north of St. Cloud). I do workout DVD's, treadmill and stationery bike. Also walk our dogs, shovel snow and have taken up cross country skiing in the last couple of years.
  • eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    St. Paul burbs here. YMCA with a trainer this summer and starting to run. Feel free add me!
  • frostymom3
    Options
    I am from the northwest Burbs. I started my weight loss journey in January. I did alot of just dance 3 on the wii in the beginning. But I am finding that the summer months are harder for me cause i am out and about more and have been neglecting my routine.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm right in the Twin Cities! Would LOVE some motivation friends on my journey!!
  • valerieg78
    valerieg78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Iowa!! I have family in Southern (very Southern) MN though.... if that counts for anything! lol
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    I'm a GA girl myself, but my DH is from the Iron Range. Having been there only twice in the winter, I'd have to say I would either get a treadmill or join a gym. Brrrrrrrrr! Although ice skating does sound like good exercise.
  • MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options
    MN girl here....St. Paul. Just got a gym membership in preparation for winter. I do cardio outside now and weights at the gym, during the winter I will do both at the gym.
  • AmandaCathleen
    Options
    Hi my name is Amanda and I too am from Northern Minnesota. Right now (for the next 3 weeks) I am living in Colorado, but Labor Day weekend I am moving back to Minnesota. Feel free to friend me if you want.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    Minnesota FTW! South-central for me.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Plymouth, MN
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Minneapolis, I guess I just do a lot of DVDs and anything I can do in my living room. I also bike to commute nearly year round. There's lots you can do though, if you like being outside you could skate or go snowshoeing, hiking. Just bundle up! I think it's worse now, I can't stand this heat (though there is some reprieve today).
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I live in Minnesota! Currently living in Little Canada, but I'm from Corcoran (NW Suburb)

"Lift Heavy! Run Hard!" =D
    www.facebook.com/jenaesmithfitness (Daily Motivation Posts)
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Close -- right across the Red. I could do outside activities in the winter but I hate the cold so I just do the gym. Ice skating not too bad as long as it isn't 30 below.
  • callie5038
    Options
    I am from Minnesota, and I will be swimming at a thearaputic pool for the winter.
  • emb1682
    emb1682 Posts: 1
    Options
    Snowshoeing, cross country skiing, downhill skiing, shoveling snow. :-)
    :happy:
  • Gabryka
    Gabryka Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I grew up in MN, though now currently in FL :) Definitely miss it up there, especially in the summer with this humidity down here!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    i see alot of people on here from other states especially cali. but never minnesota. im from the northern part wondering what you do in winter for exercise

I'm from Minnesota also. I am a member of a gym with an indoor track, so if I wanted to run I could do it indoors.
  • Mauchs
    Mauchs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm from MN as well. I do nothing in the winter, hopefully will be using my treadmill or dvds more this year though.
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm from MN too! Last winter was the first winter in a long time that I actually lost weight. I refused to use winter as an excuse when it came to weight gain. Despite how cold it was several mornings a week, I would bundle up with multiple layers and walk around my neighborhood. Not nearly as long of a route that I do in warmer parts of the year but I still did between a mile and a mile in a half. I also did LOTS of workout videos from OnDemand and did fitness games for the Wii. I walked on my breaks at work every day so that was 25-30 minutes of cardio right there as well. Every little bit helps, especially in the winter when it is more difficult for us to stay active. This winter will be no different for me. I will continue to stay active year round. No more excuses! :)
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    If no gym is available, CC skiing is great (ever seen a fat CC skier? NO). But snow shoeing is great when the snow is inconsistent and you can't ski. otherwise, pick a piece of equipment (treadmill, bike, whatever) you like and work it hard adding variety with dvd's.

and work out of the "rut" we all get in winter of eating chili, roasts, and all that good winter food we like. ;-)