New to site

Options
Hello My name is Patrice and I am new to this site. I have been back on my weight loss journey now for about 2 months and lost 15 lbs so far. I have been losing weight here and there for the past 4 yrs lol.This is like my millionth time trying to get to my goal weight of 170. My original weight was 280 now I'm 201. Hope this site and the encouragement of other can help me along the way and stay on the right patch without giving up again. Look forward to connecting with others on the site.

Replies

• Ksalter217
    Ksalter217 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Patrice, I am new here too so maybe we can encourage each other to reach our goals?
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Add me to your friends if you'd like Patrice and welcome!! I know you'll love it here
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your loss so far!!
    I am Kym and would love to support you on your journey (and anyone else)
    I will be here for awhile... I am down 42 pounds and have over 100 to go :)
    It's all about baby steps.... I concentrate on 5 pounds at a time :)
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

MFP is a really great resource to keep you focused and connect you with a wealth of fitness resources and like minded folks.

1. Log your foods every day - don't skip days, or parts of your day. log everything!
    2. Analyze each day - see where it went good and where it went bad - too much fat? maybe too many carbs? over the calorie limit? Identify and plan how to correct it for tomorrow.
    3. Reach out to the community with questions or advice needs.
    4. Build a network of friends here!
    5. Above all, do not believe everything you read here. There is a lot of great advice, but also some misleading and hype type advice. Part of getting fit is educating yourself in aspects of health and fitness. Make sure any questionable advice is looked at with a scientific eye and look for facts, evidence, and most importantly real world proof.
    6. You are more than a number. Sometimes the scale may not say what you hoped - thats fine. weight loss is not a straight line declination. Its a bumpy line that drops over time. Don't let single day numbers get your focus away from term based results.
    7. Vary your exercises. Your body forms memories and can slow down how it burns fat and builds muscles. Keep it confused! Hit it hard with cardio styles. Build lean muscle to burn even more fat.
    8. and above all - take your photo now! You will want to look back and have a starting BEFORE picture to proudly display along with your series of PRESENT or CURRENT photos during your transformation and continued lifestyle of fitness.

I welcome you, and anyone else out there to add me as a friend. I have made fitness and health my passion and love the idea of folks joining me in my new lifestyle of being fit, healthy, and most importantly - HAPPY!.

I'm here to support and motivate!!! I find my own success comes easier when I help and fuel other folks success.

and remember - most folks care more about the quality of fuel they put in their lawn mowers than the fuel they put in their bodies. Don't be one of those people. Whole foods. Natural foods. Intelligent choices.

Fit for life,
    Mark M. Reed
    aka Marc Mayhem - Fitness Blogger, and Motivator!

Add me as a friend and take part in my daily fitness discussions, tips, and commentary on MyFitnessPal!
  • Jumeka
    Jumeka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WELCOME i AM ALSO NEW ON THE SITE AND WEIGHT LOST, I HAVE A VERY LONG WAY TO GO LOL
  • msdvynediva
    msdvynediva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks you all. im ready!
  • reelyn
    reelyn Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, I started MFP about a week ago. See I never once tracked my calories, just thought that i can "eyeball it" lol yeah right... but so far so good, not as bad as I thought it was going to be... I kinda look forward to added to my list. but for the past week I have been below my calorie intake for the day, hmmm is that good or bad? :smile:
  • Princesslexy96
    Options
    Hey! I'm Alexis and im trying to lose 41 pounds! I'm so excited! prior to joining ive lost 5 pounds but ive had some bad habits of binging and being lazy in the past and its time to change that.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome Patrice! This is an awesome site with incredibly supportive people...feel free to add me! :smile: