anyone staying on 1500 calories and...

Options
anyone staying on 1500 calories but my fitness pal is asking you to stay on 1300? I just cant eat less then 1300 i always around the 1500 mark! need some advice please??

Replies

• angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Anyone
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I just say do the BEST you can do, if you really want to reach your goal. If your doing good at eating 1500 calories a day, then I say go for it and eat the 1500(: Best of luck!

Whats your goal btw? :)
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    If your body is telling you, you need 15. You probably need 15. Just ensure your 15 is healthy. And you're getting enough exercise. It's different for everyone. MFP is a good guideline. What works for you works.
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Not sure what advice you are looking for.

MFP.had me at 1200 cal, I manually changed it to 1400 which is my minimum, and I actually target for about 1500-1600 cals a day.

Have oh calculated your nbers
  • BraunLowes
    Options
    The number that it suggests to you may not be accurate, but maybe try out for a day or two staying in that limit - you can pretty much eat all the same foods but perhaps a cup less, or opt for less-calorie dense foods - or even go swimming for a while to burn off the extra calories! but if your body is telling you that you MUST eat 1500 then go for it, it's all about being comfortable or else the diet won't work! Best of luck! and great job so far :)
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose another 10 kilos. I just don't want to put on weight for the sake of 200 calories. I really am determined to get to my goal. I lost 22 pounds from feb to now.
  • curvyvegan
    curvyvegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You can always tweak with your settings by changing your weight loss goals (move to 1/2 pound per week loss) or just setting your own custom goal. I eat 1750-ish calories/day to lose weight and it works for me! I even go over by 100-200 calories some days, I did today! ;)
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress, If you are still losing weight then I don't really see the issue. If your not losing, unless you're very short then you can't be logging everything - by not losing I mean over a month.

If you really want to increase the calorie deficit then, more exercise, replace the snacks/sweets/sausage rolls with salads or just some vegetables (I like carrot sticks with salsa personally).
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ive amended mine to 1500 per day. That gives me half pound loss per week - and that is pretty consistent for me.
    I'm close to goal and happy with a slow loss. In my view it'll mean I'm more likely to be able to maintain after a slow gentle loss.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Ignore what MFP says then and stick with the 1500, you have to feed your body. Also this is'nt a diet, its for life so you have to be able to do this 5 years from now.

You can custom your goals and put the calories to whatever you want them to be
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm close @ 1570, I try to exercise everyday so I don't go over my calorie limit.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Ignore what MFP says then and stick with the 1500, you have to feed your body. Also this is'nt a diet, its for life so you have to be able to do this 5 years from now.

You can custom your goals and put the calories to whatever you want them to be

Well, 1500 is whatever it means to lose right now. Once a goal is reached, the OP can boost (slowly) to maintenance calories, and those are what's for life (although these things are age and fitness fluctuating.)
  • afieldsmd
    afieldsmd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    my body had told me I need 2500-3000 calories per day for the last 20 years. that's why I'm overweight. :tongue:
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend calculating your BMR and eating somewhere around there. Mine's around 1700 and my goal is 1550 each day.
    If you don't know what it is, Google it, or check out the group here on MFP called "Eat More to Weigh Less" and they'll explain it very well.
  • Janeyg49
    Janeyg49 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend calculating your BMR and eating somewhere around there. Mine's around 1700 and my goal is 1550 each day.
    If you don't know what it is, Google it, or check out the group here on MFP called "Eat More to Weigh Less" and they'll explain it very well.
    I was on 1200 and doing a good amount of excercise, I wasn't loosing any weight and I started feeling ill!!!! I joined the group eat more to weigh less, upped my calories to 1500 but really healthy (apart from the odd glass of wine lol) and I am now feeling great and have lost 1 inch from waist - 1 inch from hips and 11/2 from each thigh!!!
    Good luck and go with how your body is feeling BUT in a healthy way!!!