Crash diet

Hello there! Have anyone ever tried crash dieting to lose weight quickly? I know it is very unhealthy and the weight which is usually lost quickly is also gained back quickly, but I want to lose weight so much that I was thinking of giving it a shot. Maybe for a week and see the progress. What do you think?

Replies

• lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    bad idea! when you starve yourself you're body goes into starvation mode, which basically means your body is shocked by not receiving nearly enough calories, so it tries to prolong its food supply (your existing fat) for as long as possible, but making you lethargic and not letting you lose any!
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Bad idea! Change your way of eating and lower calories
  • Hello there! Have anyone ever tried crash dieting to lose weight quickly? I know it is very unhealthy and the weight which is usually lost quickly is also gained back quickly, but I want to lose weight so much that I was thinking of giving it a shot. Maybe for a week and see the progress. What do you think?

If you really want to lose weight then do it to lose weight for good. You didn't gain the weight overnight and won't lose it over night. It is hard work, but is worth it. You will slowly start to see yourself change. All you have to do is lower your calories, and start adding in healthy food. If you are willing to crash diet, then why not be willing to do this:)
  • If you try a crash diet it wont last forever. As soon as the diets over and you go back to normal eating all the weight will pile back on. Best to do a slow steady change that you can keep up for life. Much healthier than Yo-Yo dieting and after a few weeks it becomes second nature.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    You'll gain the weight back almost immediately. And they're hella hard to stick to
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Bad idea - why waste your time "dieting" just to pick it all up in a few weeks once you stop - exactly what would you have achieved???

If you honestly want to lose weight get your head in the game, and make it happen - 1lb at a time - read the success stories on here - if you do it the right and healthy way you can be one of those - yes maybe only 6 or 12 months down the track - but boy does it feel good when you get there!!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    I know it is very unhealthy and the weight which is usually lost quickly is also gained back quickly, but I want to lose weight so much that I was thinking of giving it a shot.

So you want to lose it so much and gain it back (and possibly more) leaving you more miserable than you are now? Well, go for it if it makes you... miserable.

If you REALLY want to lose weight, you'll do it the right way.

That said, nobody can stop you and you need to prove things to yourself sometimes. Mistakes are lessons. But what will you do when you're 3lbs heavier in a month's time?
  • Skyeburn
    Skyeburn Posts: 10
    You'll feel terrible during it and you are very likely to binge/cheat undoing all your work.

Slow and steady wins the race.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!