After joining MFP, how long did it take you to loose 10 lbs?

Options

Replies

• nguyen4ever
    Options
    15 days.
  • natwen
    natwen Posts: 81
    Options
    I hadn't actually thought about it until now! Looking back, it has taken my 2 months to lose 10 pounds.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have been logging for over 300 days. I have lost 30 pounds but I have gone over most of the summer. My doctor said 1000 daily which is quite difficult but is the only way I can lose.
  • t1nyvessels
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs in the first month and then slowed down to 5 lbs per month. It's been consistent since then.
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in one month.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    It only took about 8 weeks, and i was also training for my first half marathon. The exercise helped a lot. I had slowly lost 20 pounds over a two year stretch prior to joining here.
  • GallifreyanPunk
    Options
    About a week and a half, more than half of those 10lbs was water weight though :/
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    It's all calories in and calories out. I think this lasts 10 lbs since i joined has been the hardest as the last 10 always is...

But when I first started I was so fat I think I lost 10 lbs the first week lol (all water of course).
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mine was about six weeks. My first 17 lbs was easy and went in about 13 weeks. I'm only down 8 lbs in the 13 weeks since. Of course, I didn't adjust my calorie intake as much as I should have after losing weight and I ate poorly on two different trips so I only have myself to blame.

I'm currently 2.5 lbs from my loss goal and then I want to gain 10 lbs (hoping for primarily muscle).
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    does it matter?
    we are all so different.

eat right, work hard, itll come off.
  • lcbarnes8762
    Options
    I had dropped five pounds before joining, and then have lost five pounds since I joined, in about three weeks. I have hypothyroidism and recently started taking my medication again so I think that has a little something to do with it also. I pretty much did a 180 with my food choices, and have worked out almost every day, sometimes twice a day. My body tends to like to keep fat on but so far I'm losing, so here's hoping it keeps up! Good luck to you on your journey!
  • dustbunnygirl
    dustbunnygirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    About 2.5 weeks, but I had A LOT to lose (still do!). I miss those initial big drops week to week, but I'm happy with the 2 or so I'm averaging now.
  • r12beemergal
    Options
    About six weeks, I noticed dramatic results early-in the first 2 weeks. I think this was mostly because I stopped eating so much bread and sugar!
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It took about 2-3 weeks
  • ozznando
    ozznando Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    2-1/2 months. Slow metabolism.
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    2months. At approximately 1 pound a week
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    A month
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    Took me a few months I think. I went from 282lbs to 257ls in about 4 months but I had no idea what I was doing back then and wasn't a member of a gym.

In the 6 months after that I've lost another 35lbs. I still think I could have done a lot better and at 5"11 and 222lb I still have a lot to lose. I was hoping to be done within a year of joining MFP but at this stage I think it's pretty unrealistic to expect to lose 46lbs in 2 months, or even by the end of the year perhaps.

I know if I keep trying I will lose it eventually but I wish it would just hurry up I work so hard every day and I'm still fat.
  • kuzurichan
    kuzurichan Posts: 134
    Options
    I lost 5 lbs in two months before I started out (less than a month ago), and since then, I've lost a little over 5 lbs. :) I'm aiming at losing 0.5-1 lb a week, so it's going the right way!

It's hard - MFP is a huge, HUGE help, but due to the meds I take (that slowed my metabolism down and made me gain those 90 lbs in the first place), it takes a LOT of hard work.

I WILL do it, though. :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My first week, I lost 11 pounds. My second week, I lost 8 pounds. Third week, four pounds. Fourth week, 3 pounds.