Reading Daily Food Diary

Options
Hi Everyone, I need help reading the food diary, I just started yesterday. My daily calorie goal is 1476 (which I guess includes the 136 "earned" for just existing, because I didn't exercise! LOL)

Then it shows the total I ate, which was 1711, but here is where I'm confused. It says I consumed 1711 calories, and it shows a MINUS 235 in red, with the words remaining. Shouldn't this be a PLUS 235 since I went OVER my calorie consumption? The way I read it I need to eat 235 more of my "remaining" calories.

Sorry I'm such a dummie about this, but I don't get it??? Thanks for your help!! Cher

Replies

• runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    it's in red because it's over your amount. the number per day you see is already + as you eat it goes down to zero, if you go over that it goes into the red as a minus.
  • AmmyP
    AmmyP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The 136 calories is because you put something in under exercise...there wouldn't be any added if nothing was added there.
  • ericallen72
    ericallen72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If your NOT exercising what you entered into your daily forecast, then you need to go back and change that to "None". That way you have your correct calorie intake for the day. When you DO an exercise, enter for the day and it will then add calories to your plan for the day and will increase your intake for that day only.
    As for the red, that means you took in to many calories for the day and that you won't lose the weight if you continue to exceed your limit.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i just remember RED = bad = GREEN = good (unless its protein coz lots of protein is good)
  • cherseg1
    Options
    Ok, thanks everyone. I guess what threw me off was the words "remaining", I took that to mean I had that many calories remaining. I think the dieting has fogged my brain power!! LOLOL:blushing: