Have you fallen off the wagon?

Options

Replies

• kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I remember the first time I joined MFP two years ago. I met a girl on here that started at the same time, at the same weight as me. Every week we'd weigh-in on the same days, and share our struggles and successes. Then I gave up and stopped coming after losing about 35 pounds. I put all of that weight back on. When I signed in about 6 months later to tell her about my epic failure, I saw that she was under 200 pounds (my original goal) and looked fantastic, and I was back to where I started. If I had just stayed with it, or come back sooner, I could have reached my goals too.

It took me a full year after that before I even wanted to try again.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off the wagon recently too. March/April/beginning of May, I was at school shopping and cooking for myself. this made it a lot easier to record my food because I knew exactly what to put. Since I've moved home, I have been eating out at least once a day and my emotional eating has returned. It has been even worse the last week because of a loss in my boyfriend's family. But in remembrance of this person, my boyfriend and I are jumping back in tomorrow.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
    ― Calvin Coolidge

If you fall off the wagon, press on!
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    yup definitely fallen off the wagon, eating whatever, sinus infections, no exercise, WAAAAYYY too much drinking this week! :) (Though that part was fun).

No tips other than just do it. Monday is the day, getting back into a routine etc.
  • newgwen
    newgwen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :sad: i did too . buttoday is a new day so let keep going
  • Lilred226
    Options
    Fell of the wagon (for a while) and spent this past week getting the eating/diet back in control. I got back into running and completed my first 5k but fell off not long after. As a busy working mom of twin boys I have a hard time finding the time to exercise. But must climb back up on the wagon
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I have, since I moved out, so about a month now.

I keep jumping back on it. That's the important thing. Don't give up.
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yeah... my mother n law is coming to visit next week and I think as soon as she leaves I am gonna get back on track.... so all the advice you guys give is very helpful and I thank you for that :)

Today for sure. Yes you can =)
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have! You have to really push yourself b.c the longer you're off the wagon the harder it is to get back on. I usually give myself a day or two to remember why I'm doing this.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    So for the last 2 weeks, I have been tired... No exercise and I have been eating whatever I want... I feel so horrible... I just dont know what else to do to get motivated.... Anyone else have this same problem or can any one help and give good advice....

I'm there with ya! I've been tired and unmotivated for the past week and haven't been eating all that well. As I write this I'm working my way through chocolate :-(. I keep pictures around of how I look at my heaviest and how I looked a couple of years ago when I had lost some. It reminds me of what I'm working towards. I think sometimes when you're working really hard you do just need a break every now and then. Take the break and then try and get right back on it. You just have to find what motivates you, be it pictures or an item of clothing you want to fit into. I hope you find your motivation again! :-)
  • rebeccaME207
    rebeccaME207 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling! sometimes I wonder if Im different than all my other pals because I just never seem to get any traction. Is food a different thing to me than other people? It seems to rule my life... in comfort, bordum, happiness, sadness, ... any and everything! I do know this, we MUST push ourselves out of this rut! In order to feel good we must make ourselves go 4 a walk and eat better and thus start on the road to feeling good! Let do it! no excuses!
    Thank you for this post as it reminds us all that we are not alone in this!
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    yeah, i fell off the wagon earlier this year. there was a huge amount of stress and personal crap going on, and i eat emotionally. when things are financially tight, food has always been my "treat" - i can cook all sorts of delicious stuff really cheap and it makes me happy >.< i quit MFP for a couple of months, and realized i had gained 12 lbs. only when i had to go up a pants size again. then i realized just what kind of happy that food was - not the right kind!

i had a really hard time getting back on the wagon - another almost a month of just trying to track what i was eating, maintaining but not losing, before i was like, "THIS IS CRAP. JUST DO IT." i'm back in my lowest-size-so-far now. that feels really good. all i can say is keep at it no matter how hard it is to find the motivation. if you just keep making the effort, even if you don't have major successes right away, it will get easier if you keep at it.
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've been off the wagon for a couple weeks now. I just feel very unmotivated. This is because I haven't been losing much AT ALL sin February, maybe 5 lbs total, that I just put right back regularly. So the past 2 weeks, I've been wavering. At first it was because of my birthday weekend, there was a big party and everything. But I just can't seem to get back to not eating whatever I feel like eating.

Impulse control is a big problem!
  • Rosemaryelizabeth
    Rosemaryelizabeth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! all it takes for me is one little change in life and boom! a small slip up becomes my eating style. I love the way I feel when I am "in the groove" and nothing is stopping me. I just wish I never fall out of it. My grooves seem to last for a month tops. Then I spent my time feeling guilty for not being where I could be.
    I love the advice to PRESS ON! ..its so true that is what we have to do , no matter who is coming to visit no matter where we go this must be our constant groove
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options

^^This!!

I'm back on the wagon, starting today. How is everyone else doing?
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

^^This!!

I'm back on the wagon, starting today. How is everyone else doing?

:)

Doing .. okay today. Not too bad, not too good. Getting impatient, though. Just want to get to goal!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    this thread has motivated me to start tracking my food again, what am I waiting for??? :frown:
    Thanks for all the "TODAY" remarks.
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of great support here, but if you need one more reason to start TODAY: Going for a run gives you an excuse to get out of the house when your mother-in-law is there. :wink:
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off the wagon recently too. March/April/beginning of May, I was at school shopping and cooking for myself. this made it a lot easier to record my food because I knew exactly what to put. Since I've moved home, I have been eating out at least once a day and my emotional eating has returned. It has been even worse the last week because of a loss in my boyfriend's family. But in remembrance of this person, my boyfriend and I are jumping back in tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that!
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well I think I did pretty good while my mother n law was here.. I didnt gain any but I didnt lose any either, but tomorrow I am going to fair.. Help!!!