1st time posting.ashamed of my body

Options

Replies

• ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference, your doing a great job. I am 21 and my highest weight was 230lbs. Ive never been pregnant, so I can honestly say I was heavy because I ate too much and didn't exercise.. rather than having something cute to show for my weight gain. I know how hard it is to show the world your body, I still haven't been able to show my pictures (but I will when i get to my goal).
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    First: holy crap, you are one fertile lady! :)

Second: you've made great progress! Stick with it. You are definitely doing the right thing for your body. Awesome job, keep it up!
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Indeed, there's a huge difference there. Well done! That's gotta be a size, at least.
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Prou of you madamluck and my wife and i have four too ! Congrats ;)
  • richcreighton
    Options
    I definitely see a noticeable difference. You are already a winner by making the decision to do something to improve yourself. This is usually the biggest obstacle for most people. I congratulate you on your success to date and will be here to cheer you on with your future successes.
  • awakenedsoul
    awakenedsoul Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes! I can totally see an improvement. Remember, you're your own worst critic! Don't be so hard on yourself. Your courage to post those pics has given me the courage I need to get started. I've been on a bit of a downward spiral the last few months. At my heaviest weight ever in my life and need to lose 70 lbs. I'm not much of a social media gal and usually just read posts but don't comment. But I want you to know that you have helped me! Keep at it!
  • madamluck
    madamluck Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thank you all SO much for the encouragement,support and kind words...i was so nervous posting these photos..when you feel horrible about the way you look you dont want others to see it too but i now know im doing something right and to keep going!! my family is amazing with supporting me.my older kids like to workout with me also so they help me to keep going and push through it...i love MFP..its helped me so much and has played a big part in my progress
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I can definitely agree with your feelings. In Feb of 2007 after I had my last child I started at 272. Five years later...just weighed in this morning at 192.7. It is a work in progress darlin and will take time. There is definitely a difference in the pics.
  • hiawathaperez
    hiawathaperez Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrl I can see a difference....keep up the good work.
    It just takes time, ugh!
    You can do it.

Laters
  • tonyabw
    tonyabw Posts: 17
    Options
    Major difference - way to go!!!! Great job taking the first step to being healthier - it's not about how you look as much as how you feel!!! It's terrific that your husband and kids are helpful and supportive. Best of luck to you - you CAN do this!!
  • CarolElaine25
    Options
    I tend to like to post things in list form, so here it is:

1) There is absolutely a difference. Way to go!

2) You're a lovely woman, no matter what your weight, and I'm sure that's why your husband is still attracted to you. He sounds like a good guy and he knows how lucky he is to have you in his life.

3) Exercise may be difficult right now, but I assure you, it WILL get easier. Do whatever you can do now, even if it's just five or ten minutes of walking around the block. After awhile you'll notice that won't be difficult at all and you'll want to do even more. I hate exercising with the heat of a thousand suns (except for walking outside - I LOVE that), but I love the rush of endorphins I get after I'm done.

4) Keep going - you'll get there! It may be a slow and difficult journey, but it will be so worth it. In the meantime, love yourself as you are - and that includes your body. Yes, you may not be happy with the way it looks now, but it's the only body you've got. Treat it well. You're taking care of it. It will reward you for that a million times over.
  • mrsb102
    mrsb102 Posts: 16
    Options
    I can see a difference, too, especially in your waist area! It will come off when you least expect it, too.
  • madamluck
    Options
    lol so true but they were and still are worth it..id do it a million times over again if i had to..my kids are my life!
  • madamluck
    Options
    There's definitely a difference! Well done.

I'm also post 3 c-sections, 1 stone down, 3 stone to go. Not done my progress pics though.

thats fantastic!! wtg hun! and thanks <3
  • madamluck
    Options
    Untitled-1.jpg

thanks for doing that
  • madamluck
    Options
    Yup, I can see a difference too - and only in a couple of weeks - way to go! Good for you. Keep up the good work! :drinker: Cheers!

And I love that your husband feels that way and actually verbalizes it - that's fantastic - I wish mine would say the same.

thanks...im very lucky to have him..if it wasnt for the age we live in id have never met him..im orig from ireland and he's American...we met online..im just so thankful to have him in my life
  • Sonja_40
    Options
    Don't focus on the past, we are all harder on ourselves than we should be and your husband sounds extremely supportive. Concentrate on how good you feel about yourself and how much you have accomplished. Continue to move forward and you will be down to your goal weight in no time. God Bless!
  • madamluck
    Options
    I see a difference.
    Are you feeling better?

i feel i have more energy
  • madamluck
    Options
    i think all of us who need to lose large amounts of weight can really feel your pain. i'm in the process of losing 115-120 lbs. I'm down 43 lbs. as of today, and it is still hard, every day. there are days i don't feel like i've even lost a little bit of weight. but those days are getting fewer and farther between. it'll be the same for you.

you can do it. hang in there and keep working.

its not easy..there have been days i get up and just feel ugg and dont want to do anything esp this week as it was "that time of month" but i pushed myself....congrats to you for loosing all that you have..thats wonderful!! be so proud!! and thank you
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    Im not a mother so i cant really relate but i will say that yes i can see a difference and i know you can reach your goals. The key i am finding is CONSISTENCY. Dont give up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!