Cinderella's weight loss knowledge

Options

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    you are against VLCDs?
    well, why have you never said so before??

:flowerforyou:
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Hmm picture a female computer geek that would make this post along with a male computer "cool guy" that would make this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/686963-large-collection-of-info-for-beginners post getting matching outfits to crusade against Bro\Hoscience everywhere
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yep! Best post I've seen on this site Coder :):happy:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    bump to read later. Thanks for posting.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    interesting read. thanks.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    bump
  • daoc1972
    daoc1972 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Woah, tl;dr, but will later!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly confused. According to fitness frog, my TDEE - 20% is 1,700 calories.
    Depending on the calculator, my BMR is between 1,300-1,400.
    If I log my exercise (and I usually try to gauge a realistic estimate of the burn by going lower than MFP recommended burns) and eat at TDEE - 20% (1,700 calories), I come out with a net of 1,100-1,200 calories (lower than my BMR). Does this mean it's ok to eat at a net of 1,200 or should I really make sure I net at 1,300ish?
  • koalahugs
    Options
    Great info!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly confused. According to fitness frog, my TDEE - 20% is 1,700 calories.
    Depending on the calculator, my BMR is between 1,300-1,400.
    If I log my exercise (and I usually try to gauge a realistic estimate of the burn by going lower than MFP recommended burns) and eat at TDEE - 20% (1,700 calories), I come out with a net of 1,100-1,200 calories (lower than my BMR). Does this mean it's ok to eat at a net of 1,200 or should I really make sure I net at 1,300ish?

It all depends in the way you're using the app.

If you net your BMR that could mean you log everything, or only log exercises, or barely log anything. If you log every single thing that you do (roll around in bed, watch clock roll by, walk to bathroom, take a crap, digest food, twiddle thumbs, tap foot, roll eyes at bf, workout at gym, type log into computer) then that day adds up to your TDEE.

Usually you're not logging your exercise, you include them in your TDEE, that's what it's for. Otherwise you do what I do and NET your sedentary TDEE. So I'm netting 1700, not 1300. If I exercise, I eat those calories back. If you have any more questions, pm me.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Bumpalicious
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    wow, that took me a long time to read. lol. but probably the most comprehensive post of this nature i have seen. awesome! and thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,117 Member
    Options
    Really good post, CoderGal, first time I've seen it.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    wow, that took me a long time to read. lol. but probably the most comprehensive post of this nature i have seen. awesome! and thanks! :flowerforyou:
    Thanks for the compliment :)
    Really good post, CoderGal, first time I've seen it.
    Yes, it's been kicking around for a while and every now and then someone gives it a bump :happy:
  • HisangelG
    HisangelG Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good writing. Thank you.
  • LaNena01
    LaNena01 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    BUMP! thanks! Have to come back to this
  • Donnarose82
    Options
    bump.. will definitely give this a proper read later thanks ;)
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Read and enjoyed

Props