What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I actually just took up the habit of reading books at 42 yrs of age!..LOL I am currently reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. Sure wish I had have done this years ago!

my wife's favorite author!
  • ohso0randomm
    Options
    I think tomorrow I'm going to take the half a mile walk down my block to the beach and read the classic "the adventures of Tom Sawyer". Hope to get that done tomorrow, and i want to start reading the hunger games too:) I can get in a mile (or more, if i walk on the beach), and still get in a good book! AND i do zumba (except for friday and sunday)! Hope to get in a book every 2-3 days:)!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    skyjacked. it's about d.b. cooper. will finish tomorrow, started it last night.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Just finished the Hunger Games trilogy, now re-reading Idlewild by Nick Sagan because I finally picked up the other two books and need a refresher before getting into them!
  • aimee_1410
    Options
    The Hunger Games

Trying to hurry up and finish so I can start reading the 50 Shades trilogy LOL
  • LiftHuff
    LiftHuff Posts: 131
    Options
    Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings
  • jencooks
    jencooks Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Wicked is worth it if you get to Elphaba's college years and beyond.
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Passage by Justin Cronin. Amazing!! So so good.

really loved this !
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm re-reading the Song of Ice and Fire books at the moment. Just started A Storm of Swords.
  • jlschaef98
    Options
    Just finished 50 shades and will be starting The Last Lecture
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    also just finished "the worst hard time" by Timothy Egan. About the dust bowl....really good if you like Non-fiction.

I am on a Margaret Atwood kick right now...
  • aimee_1410
    Options
    My little sister talked me into reading the Hunger Games. 3/4 through first book and I am enjoying it... Although I have already saw the movie.

But dont you love how the book explains all the little things you didn't understand in the movie? Like the significance of particular things :- )
  • serhioramos
    serhioramos Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games

But THG is SOOO much better!! Originally, I thought it might just be a Twilight repeat, but I think there actually ends up being a bit of literary merit in the books.. especially the third!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm currently between 50 shades darker and Buddhism plain and simple.

I don't know why everyone hates on the 50 series, I personally love it.
  • aimee_1410
    Options
    The Hunger Games

But THG is SOOO much better!! Originally, I thought it might just be a Twilight repeat, but I think there actually ends up being a bit of literary merit in the books.. especially the third!

I'm half way through the first, really really enjoying it :)
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I LOVE IT!! (I'm on Good Reads, Courtney Wachob)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I am fascinated by the early explorers, so I just read "An Account of the Death of Captain Cook", its an official eyewitness account of the historical event in Hawaii in 1779 that involved a clash of cultures that had just met.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm reading (again) The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy. Love it! I'm also reading the Complete Book of Running for Women (or something like that) by Dagny Scott. Helps boost my motivation a bit when I'm flagging- there are several re-read chapters in that book!
  • LivingyoungErin76
    LivingyoungErin76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The third book of the Fifty Shades of Grey series ;) laters, baby!
  • cathylovestim
    Options
    Just finished Gone Girl too and HATED the ending as did my daugher! What did you think of the ending?