personal trainer here to help

Options
Hi everyone my name is Bill and I have been a personal trainer for 20 years I see a lot of bad advise in the forums and wanted to let everyone know I am here to answer questions truthfully, and explain things as best I can. Ask any questions you may have and feel free to pm me for any help you need. Thanks and fire away, I am here to help. Bill

Replies

• toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    thank you, I can always use the extra help, what's your carb amounts with doing exercise? i workout 7 days a week normally and weight train every other day, I also ride my bike a Lot...what should my carbs be at? Is 7 days a week too much cardio?
  • btfitman
    btfitman Posts: 14
    Options
    what is your goal right now? weight-loss? maintenance?
  • toysbigkid
    Options
    still losing weight and trying to just keep muscles toned
  • btfitman
    Options
    sorry forgot something what is your goal right now?
  • btfitman
    Options
    What MFP sets you up for on carbs is fine and 7 days a week is perfectly fine for cardio
  • toysbigkid
    Options
    I need to lose more weight, I haven't reached my goal yet. maybe another 35 lbs.
  • glkp9557
    glkp9557 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Bill
    I am a 54 yr old female and weigh a whopping 217 lbs. I have done all the diets, gastric bypass patient and my weight will NOT move. On May 22 I suffered "Broken Heart Syndrome" some drs call it a heart attack, others just a epidsode. I have started walking the track at school 3-4 laps. But I feel that is not enuf. My arms are BIG, and my legs..Please give me some HELP on this...anything is something,
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • btfitman
    Options
    I need to lose more weight, I haven't reached my goal yet. maybe another 35 lbs.

Just keep doing what your doing and if your at a calorie deficit you will lose weight
  • toysbigkid
    Options
    well that's good to know and thank you. Even with exercise and the carbs going up on MFP, is that too many then? Or should I just stick to that number given?
  • toysbigkid
    Options
    thank you Bill
  • btfitman
    Options
    well that's good to know and thank you. Even with exercise and the carbs going up on MFP, is that too many then? Or should I just stick to that number given?
    yes you will be fine carbs or fat can be a source of energy as long as you don't feel tired you will be ok
  • btfitman
    Options
    yes you will be fine carbs or fat can be a source of energy as long as you don't feel tired you will be ok

Are you talking about when you exercise your carb totals go up?
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Saving to monitor thread.

Nice of you to offer your services! I keep hearing nutrition is 80% of losing weight. [Lose weight in the kitchen, get fit in the gym.] Do you agree?

Thank you.
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hello. A 39 year old female here and have had great success the past month being on MFP. Before here, I lost 50 lbs and since here lost 15lbs.

I'm still wanting to lose 25-30 lbs to goal. I'm doing P90X and am doing a 1700 cal daily food. In that I have 40% protein, 30 carbs and 20 fat. I find it difficult to keep within my 1700 cal daily without going over either carbs or fat. Also, sodium often bites me I'm trying to limit to 2500.

Do you think I'll still have success, despite sometimes going into the "red" on the carbs or fat? I don't eat much of exercise calories, unless I'm famished....If I do, its not even close to half of them.

Thanks for the help!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I also excercise 7 days a week, I've heard over and over it's bad to do. But I feel as though if my body is up for it why not? I'm horrible with patience :frown: but once I get started and keep going I can't be stopped :smile: . I ride a mountain bike nothing special sometimes on the road sometimes down by the train tracks always 60 minutes a day and on 7th gear, I remember when I couldn't even do 4th gear:laugh: i also do 100 sit ups a night 30 push ups & planking for my obliques .. Oh and 160 jumping jacks ... when I started I weighed 146 I'm down to 138 my goal weight is 105. My question and sorry for the life story lol at this rate reasonably speaking how long do you think it will take me to reach my goal weight... Also is their anything else I should be doing? I take fish oil and vitamin c daily and I feel great. I know the proof is in the pudding and pictures speak volumes over a scale but I'd deff like to see the scale at 105 :angry: also do you think wearing a weight vest is safe or a good investment ?:smile:
  • btfitman
    Options
    Saving to monitor thread.

Nice of you to offer your services! I keep hearing nutrition is 80% of losing weight. [Lose weight in the kitchen, get fit in the gym.] Do you agree?

Thank you.
    yes because you can lose weight without exercise, just by reducing your calories
  • btfitman
    Options
    I also excercise 7 days a week, I've heard over and over it's bad to do. But I feel as though if my body is up for it why not? I'm horrible with patience :frown: but once I get started and keep going I can't be stopped :smile: . I ride a mountain bike nothing special sometimes on the road sometimes down by the train tracks always 60 minutes a day and on 7th gear, I remember when I couldn't even do 4th gear:laugh: i also do 100 sit ups a night 30 push ups & planking for my obliques .. Oh and 160 jumping jacks ... when I started I weighed 146 I'm down to 138 my goal weight is 105. My question and sorry for the life story lol at this rate reasonably speaking how long do you think it will take me to reach my goal weight... Also is their anything else I should be doing? I take fish oil and vitamin c daily and I feel great. I know the proof is in the pudding and pictures speak volumes over a scale but I'd deff like to see the scale at 105 :angry: also do you think wearing a weight vest is safe or a good investment ?:smile:
    Don't think you need the weight vest, but I also work out 7 days a week and have for years. I can't say when you will get to your goal but if you eat at 10 to 20% under your TDEE you will lose weight
  • Bondgirlforever
    Bondgirlforever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Bill--

So, I was going to send you a prvt message you a couple of questions, but of course, I am leary about advice on here.
    Then I saw that your profile says you are a 35 y.o. female...

what's up with that?
  • btfitman
    Options
    Hello. A 39 year old female here and have had great success the past month being on MFP. Before here, I lost 50 lbs and since here lost 15lbs.

I'm still wanting to lose 25-30 lbs to goal. I'm doing P90X and am doing a 1700 cal daily food. In that I have 40% protein, 30 carbs and 20 fat. I find it difficult to keep within my 1700 cal daily without going over either carbs or fat. Also, sodium often bites me I'm trying to limit to 2500.

Do you think I'll still have success, despite sometimes going into the "red" on the carbs or fat? I don't eat much of exercise calories, unless I'm famished....If I do, its not even close to half of them.

Thanks for the help!
    [/quot

Here is the easiest way I can break it down I don't care what you eat if you are under your total calorie goal for each day and you are at a deficit you could eat all your calories in only fat every day and still lose weight I do not recommend that of course