Where do you go clothes shopping?

Options

Replies

• thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm a penny pincher so I buy second hand. Well, except for things like bras and undies. The idea of used underwear... no. Just no.
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    Wal-mart, especially now that I can fit into the regular sizes and don't have to buy shirts that look like picnic blankets.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Ann Taylor, Loft, online, some of the basics at Target. DSW for shoes, Sierratradingpost.com for hiking shoes (small feet, hard to find in stores).
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I purchase 99% of my clothes on clearance...
    Bras - Dillard's
    Underwear - Lane Bryant & Target
    Clothes - Lane Bryant, Macy's, Dillard's, Target
    Workout Clothes - Target & Walmart
    Sports bras - barenecessities.com
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    big and tall store i.e. Walmart..... I spend very little lol
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I used to hate to buy clothes, so now I love to treat myself. I like to save money, but I also enjoy a nice splurge!

Clothes: Everywhere! But mostly Forever 21, Target, Kohl's, Guess, Macy's, New York and Co.... okay everywhere

Workout Clothes: Usually Target, but sometimes I splurge on lululemon

Undergarments: Victoria Secret and Frederick's of Hollywood

Shoes: EVERYWHERE! I am a shoe addict.

Sneakers: Usually I research online for shoes that are best matched to the activity that I am doing and my foot type and order those, and for running shoes, I go to a specailized running store and have them fitted.
  • kristinee1
    Options
    bump
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Where do you go for clothes, bra, underwear, workout clothes, and shoes shopping? Do you spend alot of money or do you buy them on clearance?

I LOVE this topic lol.

Clothes: Maurices always! That store is affordable and amazing. Jeans I purchase at the Buckle. Expensive but 3 pairs will keep me happy for multiple years.
    Underwear: Soma for bras. BEST EVER. Expensive but SO WORTH IT. Socks/undies I purchase at WalMart
    Work out clothes: I bought a bunch of junk on Nike's store... they've lasted awhile. I don't plan on buying anything soon.
    Shoes: Payless Shoes lol. Cheap & affordable. Great knock offs of regular brands. I would love to get some Tom's but so damn expensive!!

I spend $60 a month. And I get extra money from tax returns, my birthday, and Xmas.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    TARGET.
    it seriously has everything you need for a good price.

This. Half my clothes are from Target.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Any place that sells cute, cheap fat people clothes! :smile:
  • vidvox
    vidvox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    We don't have many of the cheaper stores mentioned where I am. I'm still in the plus-size department and I find lots of great deals online at Lands End. They have sales all the time and their stuff is usually pretty good quality. I buy most of my son's stuff there too. Another bonus is that you can return their stuff free to Sears.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Where do you go for clothes, bra, underwear, workout clothes, and shoes shopping? Do you spend alot of money or do you buy them on clearance?

I LOVE this topic lol.

Clothes: Maurices always! That store is affordable and amazing. Jeans I purchase at the Buckle. Expensive but 3 pairs will keep me happy for multiple years.
    Underwear: Soma for bras. BEST EVER. Expensive but SO WORTH IT. Socks/undies I purchase at WalMart
    Work out clothes: I bought a bunch of junk on Nike's store... they've lasted awhile. I don't plan on buying anything soon.
    Shoes: Payless Shoes lol. Cheap & affordable. Great knock offs of regular brands. I would love to get some Tom's but so damn expensive!!

I spend $60 a month. And I get extra money from tax returns, my birthday, and Xmas.

Maurices? My Maurices is expensive! Cheapest outfit I bought there was $75! And that was either the top or bottoms on sale! But I do love their clothes!
  • fluffeesquirrel
    fluffeesquirrel Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Regular clothes I buy anywhere that I can find stuff I like and fits... usually it's on sale, but sometimes I treat myself if it fits perfect. On an unrelated note, I went shopping yesterday and my nephews grabbed some random shorts in the JUNIOR'S section (which I haven't fit into in YEARS) and they fit! Not plus size!! I was so excited!! I haven't been out of plus sizes in forever!! Nice little NSV surprise. Anyways, usually I get stuff from Macy's, Old Navy, Gap, wherever...

Bras, I typically get from Dillards because I love their brand, they fit like a glove!

I'm not picky about where I buy underwear... I just got some from American Eagle and they fit great, but I have a bunch from Gap.

Workout clothes I get from Kohl's because I was actually working there and it was convenient; also they have a really good selection, despite my opposition to them in general. Sports bras I buy online from Moving Comfort, though.

I don't have a particular place I buy shoes. I have some from just about everywhere, but I did get my workout shoes from Kohl's.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town so some of my choices are limited.... I buy a lot at Target! I live in some of the C9 gear and bought most of it when it's been on sale. I have lost enough weight to finally shop at Old Navy and have most things fit. So I haunt their sales a lot and try to maximize their cash back deals.

For nicer clothes I did get a couple of things that can be mixed and matched at Coldwater Creek and J Jill. I was visiting friends and hit their mall before coming home. I have worn the J Jill linen capri's and linen shorts to death this summer. I love line when it's hot and humid out. I have stuck to mostly to basics and waited until I really need something so that it might be on sale. I have been good about not buying something just because it fits and I'm excited to be wearing a smaller size..... I only buy it if it looks really good, a decent price and I really need it.

In about a month or so I need to find something to wear to a wedding. I hate when I have to go shopping for a special outfit but at least now more things should fit than in the past.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I gave birth 7 months ago, and I started to work out in March. I lost about 9lbs so far. I haven't really got the chance to buy any new clothes for my new size just yet. I have bought one outfit right after I started to work out at the NYC. That outfit is already big on me. Then I bought a cute outfit for my birthday in May. The skirt was a little tight at first then when I tried it on again it fit a little better. My husband doesn't like me to mention this part but since he is in the military it does help and become handy to get discounts on some stores. I am still wearing my maternity bras and underwear and I first bought my bra and underwear set 4 days ago at Aerie and I got a good deal. I bought a pair of work out shorts at walmart, AAFES (the Exchange) and yesterday I bought a work out shirt at AAFES as well. That's what I have bought so far since I lost 9lbs. When you are on a budget and need of clothes I go anywhere I can and hit the sales rack, go online and I try to compare prices. I also like to to shop at the outlets. They always have great deals. I am not a fan of VS anymore when it comes to shopping there for bras and underwear. I still need to go clothes shopping bad. lol. I am still wearing maternity clothes and it's really baggy on me. I do need a good pair of running shoes. I was thinking of going to the Finish Line to get a pair. I was just trying to get idea's where everyone shops for clothes and everything else. Thanks for sharing :)
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    clothes - Old Navy (jeans and some tops), Urban Planet (casual dresses and tops), Reitmans (any work clothes)
    bra - La Senza
    underwear - La Senza
    workout clothes - Sportchek
    shoes - Naturalizer or Payless

Do you spend a lot of money or do you buy them on clearance?
    almost always on sale :)
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I usually hit Marshall's or Ross first. I also shop at Rue 21 for Jeans and casual clothes.

No need to spend a ton of money for clothes. If you are smart about it you can get really good stuff for less.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I have a serious problem when it comes to buying clothes. Some people have even gone so far as to call it an addiction. I mean, okay, just because I have a completely full closet, a dresser on the verge of bursting because it is so full and a second dresser with one drawer dedicated to just scarves and tights (when I live in Florida...)? It doesn't mean I'm ADDICTED. It just means that I'm...passionate....

Anyways, my favourite place to buy clothes is ModCloth, but since that is expensive, I only get things when I have some extra money or when things are on sale. H&M is another favourite place for clothes that aren't too pricey but still nice quality. I like Forever 21 because the clothes are cute and inexpensive but also relatively cheap/poorly made, so when I buy things there, I am prepared for them to fall apart after only a few wears, basically. I also usually find things at Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Target, and usually anywhere with a clearance rack. I tend to buy my underthings from Victoria's Secret and shoes from all of the above places as well. I also enjoy thrift stores! And making my own clothes as well.
  • healthychanges1
    Options
    Nordstroms
    Nordstroms Rack
    Victorias Seceret
    Marshalls
    Forever 21
    Target
    Local Boutiques.
    Or anywhere I find something cute, but 90% of my clothes are from those places. It depends how much money I have when I'm deciding what to spend. :tongue:
  • Luvorange62
    Options
    kohls is my favorite!!!!