Who started new years day? How are you doing?

Options
13»

Replies

• alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone, great losses and great attitudes, I think I will repost this subject in another 3 months and see how many are still going! I think that mfp and the purchase of an air fryer ( so I can still have chips now and then) has really made a difference, as has discovering these message boards and seeing what a great community is going on here!
  • Hartman1986
    Hartman1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Started around New Years and down 27 Lbs.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I started on January 7th and I am 37 lbs down so far :-) Hit my halfway point (36 lbs) at 60 days into my journey- yesterday! YAY! :smile:
  • AlliO2
    AlliO2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Started Jan 2nd. Down 14 lbs and still as dead serious as I was then. :-)
  • Kara_B
    Kara_B Posts: 26
    Options
    I started on Jan 2nd and am down 21 lbs. so far. I have about 80 more to go to reach my goal. MFP is really helping me alot. I'm loving it.

I'm right there with ya! 23 down, 77 to go. Started the week after and had a minor fallback for a few weeks. But I am back on track and finding MFP to be a huge factor in my success!

And great job to everyone on their loss and dedication :D
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I started on the 4 January and I have so far lost 20 lbs (9 kg)! I am almost at my goal. Only 1 - 3 kg to go! However then my aim is to put weight on with muscle! :)
    Well done everyone! Let's keep on going! :smile:
  • alumpoflard
    Options
    **7 MONTHS ON- HOW ARE YOU DOING?**

Just wanted to update this to see how everyone is doing, I can see that a lot of people who originally replied to this back in March are still going :happy:

Congratulations everyone, you made to August, and if you aren't at goal yet you have proved that you have the staying power to get there eventually! :drinker:

Oh and I am now at 72lb loss. Just wanted to record that so I can compare when I repost in December, hoping to be at 100lb off by then :noway:
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I started as a NY resolution, which I had refused to do before. I guess I felt that since nobody ever seems to stick to them, neither would I. Um, that wasn't working for me.

So, I made the resolution, and am so glad I did! My loss has been averaging 1.9 lbs a week, and 55 lbs total so far. About 50 to go!

I wish you all the best success! Can you say kicka$$ boots for Christmas?!
  • Red7Basil
    Options
    I started a couple days after New Year's.

Tc9EV.jpg

I am unsure of how much I exactly weighed in the left photo. When I did finally weigh myself I started MFP at 198 LBS. I weigh 150 now. My goal is 130. I am 5'6". I went from a size 18 to a size 8.

I can't believe how helpful this website (and users) are! I hope to be using this site long after all my goals are met.
  • alumpoflard
    Options
    Yay! Pleased to see there is still a couple of us ' new year resolutioners' around :happy:

Congratulations to you both on your great work this year :drinker:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    never mind...
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Nice Job !!! You look great
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    New Years resolutioner here! :smile: Technically I started here January 4th. I started trying to lose weight the day after Christmas. I had lost 3 pounds before I accidentally stumbled upon MFP looking up reviews for the Wii Fit Plus I had received. Best accident of my life!! I have lost 58 pounds since then, and haven't lost any determination or motivation since then. In fact I'm more serious than ever now! This New Years resolution has turned into a whole lifestyle change for me and my husband. Thanks MFP :flowerforyou:
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I started January 7th weighing in at 242lbs....and hit my goal weight of 170lbs and 72lbs down in 144days on MFP. From there I took a break from calorie counting and focused on maintaining the weight loss through June and July while on vacation and just focused on the fam, but still managed to lose a addtional 15 lbs. NOW I weigh around 155lbs and I am back full force on MFP trying to hit 150lbs by the end of August :-)
  • AndreaPool
    Options
    I started in January!! (not with MFP, but with working out... I stumbled upon MFP a few months later)
    Have lost about 30 pounds since January!!! :)
    Haven't had one day where I wasn't motivated to work out and eat healthy, and I feel like this is totally a sustainable way of living healthy... Don't feel like I'm denying myself anything and I have come to LOVE working out!
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Down 40 pounds and still plodding along since Jan 2
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Started my diet on January 1st. Still dieting today. I've lost 29 lbs so far :)

I only joined mfp 3 weeks ago though but it makes life so much easier!
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I started just after new year, didn't find MFP for a few months though 44lb's down :)
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I started the day after, I'm down 23 lbs. and maintaining.