1st time posting.ashamed of my body

Options
124»

Replies

• Squirrely_Girl
    Options
    Is it just me or are your tatoos seemed to be on different sides of your body. Am I missing something?? LOL
    [/quote]
    lol i mirror flipped one photo so it would face left...and thanks
    [/quote]

I noticed that too lol. Keep up the great work! Congrats on your progress :)
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    I, too, can see a difference from the first to second photo. I think it is great that your husband is supportive and loving. And I think you should take pride in what you have done so far, and look forward to what you will accomplish. You have no reason to be ashamed - you have used your body to bring four beautiful lives into this world - and that is no small accomplishment! Keep working, keep using MFP and you will get there. Just don't give up on yourself - you are too precious to quit on!!! :)
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Just wondering why the tattoo changes
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I can see quite a difference in ur tummy area and shoulders. You're doing really well, keep it up! :heart:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    i have NEVER showed photos of my body as im ashamed that i have let myself go so much.

my story

10years ago i was 134lbs...then i got pregnant.and gained 50lbs with that pregnancy..never lost the weight after..a few years later i got pregnant again and gained more weight.6 months after having my 2nd child i found out i was 3 months pregnant lol..yeah that blew my mind..and of course i gained more weight.So after having my 3rd child i did lose some weight over the next few years but nothing wow..4 yrs after my 3rd child guess what? im pregnant yet again AND yes more weight added lol...my first child was vaginal and the rest all c-sections..its been 10 months since having my last child-got my tubes tied so he IS the last - a few weeks ago it really hit me that my body is horrible..i asked my husband how in the WORLD can he find me attractive?? he told me big or small you are MY wife and i love you!! it made me feel a bit better but i wanted to take my body back that same day....its been a few weeks now since i started working out...im not a strong person and tire easily so i have been walking every day and doing aerobics also each day...i cant really feel ive lost weight but i took photos back when i first started working out and then took photos today to see if theres a difference... can you see a difference?

im so Embarrassed to post these photos...

i dont know how to post a photo directly on here sorry ... but heres a link to my before and after

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/proud2Birish/Untitled-1.jpg

I can totally see a small difference! I know how you feel about letting yourself go...my kids were not as close together, but I am 70lbs heavier now than I was when I got pregnant with #1...and this is after losing 25lbs!!

this is me after losing about 10lbs
    7355961762_499d855e15_s.jpg
    dillons party by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

and this is about 8 weeks later--but only about 5 more lbs!
    7355963344_c7a99ddd15_s.jpg
    IMG00549-20120608-0953 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

I walk on the treadmill and do about 20 minutes of strength training 3-4x a week. If I can do it, you can too! My second delivery was a C section, and I had complications ( blood clot behind incision--had to be packed with gauze 3-4x a day for 10 days)
  • madamluck
    madamluck Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i have NEVER showed photos of my body as im ashamed that i have let myself go so much.

my story

10years ago i was 134lbs...then i got pregnant.and gained 50lbs with that pregnancy..never lost the weight after..a few years later i got pregnant again and gained more weight.6 months after having my 2nd child i found out i was 3 months pregnant lol..yeah that blew my mind..and of course i gained more weight.So after having my 3rd child i did lose some weight over the next few years but nothing wow..4 yrs after my 3rd child guess what? im pregnant yet again AND yes more weight added lol...my first child was vaginal and the rest all c-sections..its been 10 months since having my last child-got my tubes tied so he IS the last - a few weeks ago it really hit me that my body is horrible..i asked my husband how in the WORLD can he find me attractive?? he told me big or small you are MY wife and i love you!! it made me feel a bit better but i wanted to take my body back that same day....its been a few weeks now since i started working out...im not a strong person and tire easily so i have been walking every day and doing aerobics also each day...i cant really feel ive lost weight but i took photos back when i first started working out and then took photos today to see if theres a difference... can you see a difference?

im so Embarrassed to post these photos...

i dont know how to post a photo directly on here sorry ... but heres a link to my before and after

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/proud2Birish/Untitled-1.jpg

when i took the top photo on the right i was facing right but i wanted my photos to face the same direction so i mirror flipped the top right photo to face left like the other one...hope that clears up any confusion
  • TucsonLady
    TucsonLady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll give you encouragement, I didn't do what you're doing and I gained weight later in life on top of that and
    didn't get back. Not only was I depressed, I was always self conscious and uncomfortable. If I didn't like
    myself, who could?

Weight is in our head, and by that I mean, how we picture ourselves. You are blessed! with a man who really
    loves you, and you are finding that something you put on gradually isn't going to come off instantly. Are you
    measuring yourself against someone else? Don't let your weight keep you from becoming a lovely, caring,
    energetic woman who is loved and knows it!

Focus on understanding what YOU"LL get out of this, because you're a busy mother and wife, and don't have
    a lot of time. Find your joy in the many things you do, and if you're missing something, find an alternative thing
    to do, enjoy, turn to. FOOD isn't the enemy, we are.

I lost 25 lbs, saw my daughter (who had twins) put herself on a food-exercise plan (in Afghanistan) and come
    back in the best shape of her life! If she can do it, I have to! At my target weight I will fit my new Director's suit
    and be at a healthy BMI for the first time in 19 yrs. Luck is where opportunity & hard work meet...you are winning!
  • Eerinelizz
    Eerinelizz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a major difference! Great work so far! Be proud of what you have accomplished.
  • Medeiros12
    Medeiros12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    same here!
  • Ajholden
    Ajholden Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference! That first step you took was so important and you are doing great by sticking with it and having the courage to post your pix - I couldn't even look in the mirror without wanting to cry before I started this journey 6 months ago! A few things have really helped me: 1) I only weigh myself once a week. 2) I keep a chart of my weekly weight loss and projected loss so I can see how much I will weigh during the year if I stay on track. I also have goal weights based on BMI points. It has helped me to actually see it happen and look forward to it continuing. 3) I made my activity level sedentary and got a pedometer to log my activities. After a few months of cheap pedometers, I bit the bullet and got a Fitbit. It works really well because it automatically loads your steps into MFP. 4) Cooking! I live alone, so I don't have to please anyone else in the house, but there are so many kid-friendly healthy ways to eat once you have the lower calorie alternatives and incorporate veggies into most meals. I eat modified hamburgers, brats & pizza many days a week that I've made for around 350 calories using MFP's recipe maker. 5) To not deprive myself too much, I also have "burger day" one day per month where I indulge in my favorite local eatery's establishment burger. This is a way of life change and not a diet, so slow and steady is a fine and healthy way to lose weight. I keep reminding myself that 6 months from now is going to get here whether I am fat or thin, whether I am happy or not happy with myself. I would much rather arrive at that time as a changed person happy with my progress. I'm down 49 lbs in 6 months and have another 60 to get to my ultimate goal weight. Every calorie counts, as does every step! Keep up the good work!
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You are definitely making progress! Your body is a beautiful and wondrous gift that has blessed you with 4 precious children. Love it and yourself and keep at it, Mamma!:heart:
  • bjudy8098
    Options
    You are braver than I my friend. I still haven't found the courage to post my current self. I recently dropped 20 of the 75 I gained in 1 year so I completely understand how it feels to look in the mirror and not know yourself. Trust in your husband that love is love and comes in all shapes and sizes. If you ever feel the slightest bit down or defeated that the weight isn't coming off as fast as you'd like, head to the grocery store and pick up a couple 10lbs bags of potatoes and walk thru the store holding them for a while. You'll remind yourself just how much progress you HAVE made and re-energize your gusto to get rid of a another sack of potatoes, LOL. Keep it up!
  • laurels12
    laurels12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference from where I'm standing! Well done! I've read your story and thinking it was mine! I've had four children, all by c-section, with 3 of them arriving in 5 years! At my heaviest I was 230lbs and a UK 22. Today, I'm 181lbs and a UK 14/16! It can totally be done. I've got another 50lbs to get to target but I know I'll get there!This doesn't feel like a diet and slow and steady surely wins the race! Feel free to add me!

You're doing great!! :flowerforyou:
  • thinlizzy525
    Options
    You definately can see a difference! Your doing a super job!!! I have 5 children and 3 of them were C-Sections so i know how you feel. It's absolutely wonderful to hear that you do have a supportive loving husband and i know that having that love & support from my husband was VERY encouraging and needed. YOU GO GIRL!!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Yes you can see a difference! You are on the right path! Keep it up dear!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!