General Ike- written by Ike's son
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Adrian's Undead Diary

It's free online zombie fiction.
  • rockermom5
    Options
    Finally started reading the Hunger Games trilogy...and I haven't been able to put them down! Just started Mockingjay today...really loving these books.
  • KeepPushin414
    KeepPushin414 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Listening to "Stolen Prey" latest of the Lucas Davenport series by John Sandford. I've listened to many of this series, just wish I'd done it in order. Physically reading "Open" Andre Agassi's autobiography and really liking it. On my kindle I'm reading "The Uniform" and not that far in yet. It seems to have a paranormal element. Interesting so far...kindle says I'm 25% in.
  • 2loved4fat
    Options
    fannie flagg~ i still dream about you: love her writing still. she is down home, southern comfort funny.

next book~ the portable sixties reader by ann charters
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Emily Giffin's newest book, Where We Belong.
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Just finished Gone Girl too and HATED the ending as did my daugher! What did you think of the ending?

No Spoilers Please!

No spoiler, but I loved Gone Girl and I thought the ending was perfect for the book. Also, her other books Sharp Objects and Dark Places are good - I think Dark Places is the better of those two. Gone Girl was one of the best books I've read in a long time. She is a fantastic story-teller.

Currently back to reading true crime, so I'm reading Murder in Room 305 right now.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Duma Key - Stephen King

Was very, very good. I had given up on him for a while.

Just finished Roadside Crosses by Jeffrey Deaver (so-so). About to start Beverly Connor's Dust to Dust. Still working my way thrrough Starting Strength.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King and Long After Midnight by Ray Bradbury. I'm enjoying both very much. Night before last I finished Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer. It was the last of a trilogy that was really not that great.
  • Injurymachine
    Options
    pretty caught up in Game of Thrones right now.
  • RiannonC
    RiannonC Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Hobitt to my 8 yr old G-daughter....getting ready for the movie in Dec. Been awhile since I read it.

I am reading the Hobbit to my 7 year old son. We are enjoying ourselves :)

I recently read Night Circus and loved it.
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Are the Dexter books worth it??
    Absolutely. Book 1 follows season 1 pretty close for about 2/3 to 3/4 of it, but it goes in a little different direction after that. From book two on the story lines between the series and the books are entirely different. Makes it pretty fun.
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin and Parallel Worlds by Michio Kaku. Game of Thrones is great and Parallel Worlds is fascinating even though it does make my brain stretch a bit at times.
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    Whatever is free on Amazon. lol. But I did pay .99 for a book called I accidentally married a vampire. So far...I want my .99 back.
  • cretur
    cretur Posts: 19
    Options
    The walking dead series
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Drop Dead Gorgeous by Wayne Simmons

Zombie horror, love his books!
  • PixiePickle
    PixiePickle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Finally started reading the Hunger Games trilogy...and I haven't been able to put them down! Just started Mockingjay today...really loving these books.

Same here!
    :smile:
  • smaschin
    smaschin Posts: 91
    Options
    Chess: The history of a game
    The Qur'an
    Bill Bryson short history of everything.

I usually read 3 to 5 books at a time depending on my mood.
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Undead and Unworthy by Mary Janice Davidson and Two Little Boys by Duncan Sarkies.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've got a kindle and have hundreds of books downloaded so I never run out of reading material...there are a number of sites who offer free books for kindles. I am currently reading a book called "Dangerous Talents". Kind of a romance running through the story and I hate romances but there is a good story line there. The author is Frankie Robertson. This may have been one of the freebies I picked up on Kindle Nation...not sure about that but it's worth reading.