What am i doing wrong?

Options
I recorded my current weight so my lbs lost so far should be 6.8lbs but mfp put 'lost 6.8 pounds since her last weigh-in! She's lost 3.5 pounds so far.' confusing , and also is 6pounds a bit too much to lose in a week , ive been given 1200 calories , im happy but worried

Replies

• rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    I wouldn't worry if you're eating healthy nutritious food... Get your nutrients from food, and you'll be okay...
    I've found when I first started that I lost a lot of weight quickly, it's mostly water weight...

Good luck and be healthy... :)
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The scale doesn't tell the whole story.
  • DwightKSchurte
    Options
    Well this week I lost 5.3 pounds and I'm on 1800kcal diet with 50/30/20 ratio and I'm doing P90X. I'm preparing for next judo season so I just need to loose those few extra pounds that came back over summer. First thing that goes out of your system is mostly all the extra water so don't worry about it. But if you feel like you're loosing strenght and energy feel free to go up to 1500kcal diet. You can get those 300kcal with added fruits or veggies. Hope it helps :)

Enjoy!
  • KittenKittyKitteh
    KittenKittyKitteh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had the problem with my tracking when I had left the site and then returned weighing more. This is the fix to your weight tracker taken from the help section of MFP:

"If you resume using the site again with a weight anything higher than your initially recorded start weight, the ticker will not start reporting weight loss until the check-in weight is once again below that recorded start weight.

To remedy this and to get the ticker once again reporting weight loss as it happens, it is necessary to set a new starting weight.

This can be done in one of three ways:

A - Click "Tools" then "Ticker" then "Update Your Weight Data." Adjust your starting weight here.

or

B - Click "My Home" then "Check-In" then "Edit Previous Entries." You can enter a new starting weight here as well.