What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I just finished "Alice in Deadland," one of those many zombie offerings and I paid a small amount for this book. It was fairly good with a compelling story line, but I was not real happy with the ending. I did purchase the sequel though. LOL
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm currently between 50 shades darker and Buddhism plain and simple.

I don't know why everyone hates on the 50 series, I personally love it.

Ditto!

I actually thought Darker was the best of the three.
  • olong
    Options
    Just finished 50 shades... Currently started reading bared to you (although finding it bit of a struggle to get really into it) x

I liked Bared and am waiting for Reflected to coume out in October!
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    Currently reading Lake Caerwych by J Conrad. I think it's only available on kindle though.
  • maspicantexfa
    maspicantexfa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Across That Bridge: Life Lessons and a Vision for Change by Congressman and civil rights activist John Lewis.

Very interesting to read about the planning and training of those in the Civil Rights movement from someone who actively participated in it.
  • olong
    Options
    Finishing up Fifty Shades Freed. Next book is Bared to You.

SInce book two to the Crossfire series doesn't come out until October, you might like to give Gabriel's Inferno a try after you read Bared to You.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    Harlan coben.
  • ChrisKolby1980
    Options
    Just finished the Hunger Games trilogy, in 5 or 6 days, and loved it! Looking forward to the movie adaptation of the clock arena next year. Just started The Hobbit to prep for the movie coming out in a few months. After The Hobbit, I'll probably reread Life of Pi to also get ready for the movie coming out in December. I think I am one of the few people out there that never expects the movie to be exactly the same as the book. It shouldn't be the same, otherwise you'd have to watch a 12 hour long movie and who wants to do that?
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    read lots of Nora Roberts but at the moment rading eave Binchys light a penny candle
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through Mockingjay, the 3rd book in The Hunger Games trilogy. I am totally hooked on these books and will be kinda sad when I'm done...
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I started "Hello Kitty Must Die" yesterday and so far, I'm not too impressed.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    The Stand-Stephen King. Next on deck--The Shining. Stephen King has a sequel coming out to The Shining soon! :) Just one rule though---only read Stephen King during the daytime and not 3 hours before bedtime....
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I just started Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn this morning. Next up for me is Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz. Love the "Odd" series, but the last few have been graphic novels that I skipped, so I am glad to see a regular novel this time.

Amy, thanks for the info on The Shining. I have been reading Stephen King since the 1970's, and The Shining is one of my favorites. It is good to hear he is doing a sequel.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Just finished Alastair Reynold's Blue Remembered Earth - which I really liked. But I've loved all his books so far.....

Currently halfway into China Mieville's Perdido Street Station - which is unbelievably wacked out and has me hooked. There are two more in the series: The Scar and the Iron Council which, on the strength of what I've read so far, I'll be tacking next. I read another of his books a few months ago: The City and The City, which is also suitably bonkers: a kind of existential crime thriller that defies explanation really, so I won't even try!

+1 for The Shining and The Stand: two of my all-time favourites! I once baby-sat an old building scheduled for demolition. And I read the shining on a mattress on the floor by candle light. It proper wigged me out! The building was a hotel at some point in the 30's - got my imagination racing I can tell you....
  • cherylouise3
    Options
    We, the Drowned by Carsten Jensen :)
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The Killing by David Hewson.
  • 1n2m3g
    1n2m3g Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Shadow of the WInd by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Fantastic read.
  • olong
    Options
    Middlesex (I do not recommend... I looked forward to reading this and am now having a challenge finishing it)
    Gabriel's Rapture
    I <3 Female Orgams
  • olong
    Options
    Shadow of the WInd by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Fantastic read.

VERY good book.. had to read it for book club and am glad because I probably wouldn't have picked it out on my own!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

Third volume to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Good series! Hard to get into at first but stick with it it's worth it.